• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Does anyone rent gaming laptops?

Bandalo

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
2,657
I'm going on a month-long business trip in January which is going to consist of living in a hotel, and only working about 5-6 hours a day.

I do all my gaming on my desktop, and I only have a very lightweight/low-powered laptop for surfing and watching movies, integrated graphics only.

Does anyone rent gaming-grade laptops for short periods? So far all I found is lease-to-own type places with 5 month minimum contracts.
 
buy decent gaming laptop in January and sell it slightly used when you get back. Probably take a few hundred dollar hit on it though
 
I thought about shipping the PC to the hotel, but my wife uses it too, and I don't think she'd agree.

I might end up buying a used one an reselling it when I get back. Seems like the best option so far.
 
I thought about shipping the PC to the hotel, but my wife uses it too, and I don't think she'd agree.

I might end up buying a used one an reselling it when I get back. Seems like the best option so far.

Probably your best bet, for sure. Or buy a refurb, that'd work too.
Either that or just keeping it as a backup rig if your PC goes down...
 
I thought about shipping the PC to the hotel, but my wife uses it too, and I don't think she'd agree.

I might end up buying a used one an reselling it when I get back. Seems like the best option so far.

The Dell Precision M4800/M6800 makes a pretty decent gaming laptop. And they can be had fairly cheap on Ebay.

Just get one with one of the better video cards - do some research first. You can get it with a Quadro or with a FirePro.
 
You can't find a game to play on integrated graphics? There are plenty good ones that don't require a beast of a GPU.
 
Find something to play on integrated. Maybe Hearthstone? Renting sounds like a terrible idea.
 
Back
Top