• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Does anyone own a Radeon 6570?

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
9,778
I have a Asrock miniITX with 2500K as my little Virtual server / alternate to my big 1.15kW power bill generator.

I have been looking at the low profile radeon 6570 and besides reviews I would like to ask the following:

First does anyone here own one?

Secondly, if you own one how is the performance? Resolution, games you play, etc...

And lastly will this fit in a very small Antec ISK miniITX case?

I love my ISK Antec is so tiny and portable and I would love to have a good gpu in it.

I am thinking this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102942&cm_re=6570-_-14-102-942-_-Product

**My ISK has a 150w PSU. I think it should be enough considering that my 2500K and whole system idles at only 34watts avg, and full load is about 85, and that is prime95 etc... nothing ANY game would ever push.
 
I can tell you that it is a pretty decent GPU. = more or less to 8800GT. Price wise, not so much. But again, its a low profile .
 
i don't own one but the performance should be near 8800GT performance depending on the resolution you play at.. power wise it would probably be close if say you were playing BFBC2. just consider that since its using motherboard power the maximum amount of power it can use is 75w.
 
**My ISK has a 150w PSU. I think it should be enough considering that my 2500K and whole system idles at only 34watts avg, and full load is about 85, and that is prime95 etc... nothing ANY game would ever push.

Hopefully your only going to use it for a virtual server because otherwise there is absolutely no way that your system's psu will handle that setup in a full load gaming scenario. Are you sure it's only 150 watts output, that's low even for a sff box?

Prime 95 is only stressing your cpu when your running it. A game will stress your cpu less than prime but keep in mind that the game will also stress your gpu at the same time. IF you are really going to use it as only a virtual server you may be okay but your really pushing it close.

Here are a few reviews showing total system power draw @ idle/load with a 6570

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/amd_hd_6670_6570/13.html.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...raphics-Card-Review-Turks-GPU-sub-100/Power-C

Long story short your looking at around 120 watts power draw which is taxing your psu @ 80% load. Hopefully it's a new psu with new caps etc.. Otherwise that may be too close for comfort.

Again sitting there as a virtual server box you should be fine.
 
Hopefully your only going to use it for a virtual server because otherwise there is absolutely no way that your system's psu will handle that setup in a full load gaming scenario. Are you sure it's only 150 watts output, that's low even for a sff box?

Prime 95 is only stressing your cpu when your running it. A game will stress your cpu less than prime but keep in mind that the game will also stress your gpu at the same time. IF you are really going to use it as only a virtual server you may be okay but your really pushing it close.

Here are a few reviews showing total system power draw @ idle/load with a 6570

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/amd_hd_6670_6570/13.html.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...raphics-Card-Review-Turks-GPU-sub-100/Power-C

Long story short your looking at around 120 watts power draw which is taxing your psu @ 80% load. Hopefully it's a new psu with new caps etc.. Otherwise that may be too close for comfort.

Again sitting there as a virtual server box you should be fine.

Thanks for the inputs other posters and Lord Ex, I was saying I run Windows 7 phys OS and I VMware other stuff. But I was exploring options to throw in a better than HD3000 Intel junk GPU to play a few lower powered games like WOW etc...

As far as PSU, it has an Antec 150watt PSU, keep in mind this is the ISK: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129080&cm_re=ISK-_-11-129-080-_-Product

I dont believe this miniITX enclosure was never designed to house super higher power parts hence why there is only a 150watt PSU. I did build this for absolute low power usage but was interested in the sheer possibility of gaming casually on it if possible. Its not one of those I should have done my research things first events, it was planned as is and im happy with it. I am just now exploring a little farther with what I might be able to do. I appreciate the inputs so far and thanks for offering suggestion on the power draw. I wasnt sure how much these little slot powered cards would pull under heavy load.
 
I'm pretty sure that it would work. The TDP of the HD 6570 is only 44w.

What particular games you are looking to run?
 
Well im going to reawaken this thread.

First off NOT a review. Just sharing some more information.

I just bought a MSI Radeon 6570 with 1GB of DDR-3. It was 79.99 at microcenter w/ egg pricematch.

The reason I got the DDR3 version was due to the 45watt Max TDP.
This little card actually flies. It pushes wow at well above 80fps in DX9 and about 75-90 in DX11 and that is 1920x1200 resolution. Its a little rough around the edges when doing a bench like Unigine Heaven 2.5. I have to downgrade the resolution to 1600x1200 which scales just fine on a 16:10 LCD and I get much better performance doing so.

Also I have tested my system under full load while running Unigine at MAX settings. The card, CPU, and all system components pull around 85-105 watts MAX. Im not joking.

With the card in idle sitting at the windows desktop it idles at 55-60 watts full system. If I remove the card from the slot and go back to HD3000 graphics on the 2500K the system idles at 32-35 watts.

My systems specs are as follows:
Antec ISK-150 (150watt PSU/Solid caps) Mini-ITX case.
Asrock H67 Mini-ITX board w/o wifi (dont need it)
8GB of Patriot DDR-1600 (obviously clock limited to 1333 by H67)
Intel Core I7-2500K (Running at stock clocks with all cores enabled) used to be in a P67 until I was sick of waiting on recall to come in and just gave up. I couldnt be happier with it here. Stock cooler.
2x Samsung 7200 RPM 2.5" hard drives in Raid1 (mirror)
No optical drive because I only use external optical drives right now even on my signature computer.

So all that hardware and it idles like a laptop so im loving it.

Lastly...
The twin fan shroud doesn't fit in my case so I'm going to take off the factory fan shroud and install a skinny scythe fan or something. That will allow me to close the case and still allow great cooling on the heatsink.

The card only idles at 45c no matter the load. It DOES NOT get hot. I love it and we know this is attributed to the very low TDP of 45watts. Remember the GDDR5 version no matter the capacity will have a TDP of 65 watts. I may trade this card in for a higher model later. Not sure yet. I have a lot of headroom left in my PSU as of right now.

Just wanted to offer a little more information, not a review, for those who may have considered this little powerhouse of a low cost card.

*My power measurements were made using an APC Backup Pro with LCD and watt meter built in.
 
Nice mini-review. I have ASUS's version of the HD 6570 and I also was quite surprised at what it can do...especially after a memory OC.
 
Nice mini-review. I have ASUS's version of the HD 6570 and I also was quite surprised at what it can do...especially after a memory OC.

Yeah I will be trying some overclocking as well since it is already so cool. But due to my limited psu output of 159w max I will have to do some power test to make sure I am not approaching 90%.

I took the card above back today, it was flickering badly, as in defective. All the Mcenter had at their store was the same card and it didnt fit anyways in my ISK.

So I just ordered the 2GB Sapphire GDDR3 model which I hope to get middle next week sometime. I will definitely give a more accurate, amateur of course, interview of the card coupled with my 2500K.
 
How did it go?

I'm considering putting an i7 2600 in my ISK, along with my Asus 6570 1gb DDR3. Worried about the power consumption though.
 
Well im going to reawaken this thread.

First off NOT a review. Just sharing some more information.

I just bought a MSI Radeon 6570 with 1GB of DDR-3. It was 79.99 at microcenter w/ egg pricematch.

The reason I got the DDR3 version was due to the 45watt Max TDP.
This little card actually flies. It pushes wow at well above 80fps in DX9 and about 75-90 in DX11 and that is 1920x1200 resolution. Its a little rough around the edges when doing a bench like Unigine Heaven 2.5. I have to downgrade the resolution to 1600x1200 which scales just fine on a 16:10 LCD and I get much better performance doing so.

Also I have tested my system under full load while running Unigine at MAX settings. The card, CPU, and all system components pull around 85-105 watts MAX. Im not joking.

With the card in idle sitting at the windows desktop it idles at 55-60 watts full system. If I remove the card from the slot and go back to HD3000 graphics on the 2500K the system idles at 32-35 watts.

My systems specs are as follows:
Antec ISK-150 (150watt PSU/Solid caps) Mini-ITX case.
Asrock H67 Mini-ITX board w/o wifi (dont need it)
8GB of Patriot DDR-1600 (obviously clock limited to 1333 by H67)
Intel Core I7-2500K (Running at stock clocks with all cores enabled) used to be in a P67 until I was sick of waiting on recall to come in and just gave up. I couldnt be happier with it here. Stock cooler.
2x Samsung 7200 RPM 2.5" hard drives in Raid1 (mirror)
No optical drive because I only use external optical drives right now even on my signature computer.

So all that hardware and it idles like a laptop so im loving it.

Lastly...
The twin fan shroud doesn't fit in my case so I'm going to take off the factory fan shroud and install a skinny scythe fan or something. That will allow me to close the case and still allow great cooling on the heatsink.

The card only idles at 45c no matter the load. It DOES NOT get hot. I love it and we know this is attributed to the very low TDP of 45watts. Remember the GDDR5 version no matter the capacity will have a TDP of 65 watts. I may trade this card in for a higher model later. Not sure yet. I have a lot of headroom left in my PSU as of right now.

Just wanted to offer a little more information, not a review, for those who may have considered this little powerhouse of a low cost card.

*My power measurements were made using an APC Backup Pro with LCD and watt meter built in.

TangoSeal,
what is your experience so far with MSI 6570 in Antec Isk 310? I have the same case and plan to put MSI card into it. But I have several questions.

1. Did you manage to put case cover back with card installed? You mentioned that fans do not fit.

2. How noisy this card is? I use my Antec as HTPC and want it to be silent in idle and not very noisy during movies.

3. Is 150w PSU enought for the card?

I would appreciate any information based on your exerience.
 
Back
Top