Does anyone live near the sea? How do you handle humidity?

IsaacMM

Gawd
Today when i opened the door of my lian li to clean the dust on the air filter i noticed that there were droplets of water around the fans. I also notice that air filter itself was a bit wet.

I live VERY near from the ocean ( if i walk 2 km i get to the beach) and my city usually has a high level of humidity. My old computer that i did not care much about suffered from corrosion and you could pretty much see the salt inside it.

Now that i have a decent computer, i don`t that to happen to it, so i am looking for advice on what i should do to stop humidity and salt coming from the ocean to ruin my computer.

Does anybody here has this problem and could tell me how you handle it?

Fresh water evaporates from sea water, leaving the salt behind. You don't have that to worry about. As far as humidity, I lived in Chicago for 35-years and I just learned to live with it. Yes, electronics will break down a little faster, but you can always run the AC at a little lower than ambient or a dehumidifer like nurd suggested.

Very high humidity will cause moisture to drop out as the air is compressed, which is what the fans are doing. Salt spray from surf will leave some chloride ions in the air and they will be deposited also.. Give the computers some AC and don't sweat it.

dehumidifier in a closed area is the first choice. I put some 3M AC filter on my case where the vent for the fan is at to prevent dust and hairs maybe that will help prevent moisture as well? I don't know

Back