Does anyone know of a good resource to show you iptables config to let vsftp connects

darkmyth

Gawd
I am setting up a linux redhat 9 box that will be my default gateway in my room hosting one computer off of it untill I get more. But I wanted to know for the ftp server I will be running is there a web-site that show's the code to let a connection through for vsftp?

thanks in advance

-(i've looked but can't find anything)-

is FTP going to be on the Redhat box?

If so, just open port 21.

IF it's going to be on the box behind the router, open 21 and port forward to the other box.

It will benifit you to learn how to do this as opposed to copying someone elses rules. Check out freshmeat.net for some rule generators and pre-made scripts in order to better understand iptables...

Originally posted by soulax
is FTP going to be on the Redhat box?

If so, just open port 21.

IF it's going to be on the box behind the router, open 21 and port forward to the other box.

It will benifit you to learn how to do this as opposed to copying someone elses rules. Check out freshmeat.net for some rule generators and pre-made scripts in order to better understand iptables...

it's on the redhat 9 box but my isp blocks port 20 and 21 so I need to up the port to something. I have nmapwin but I must be retarded because I can't get it to scan for the open ports. do I put in the default gateway ip, dhcp ip, or dns ip or ?

Back