Does anyone know how to do a hardware voltmod on a 6800NU?

You can do a voltmod by modifying your BIOS, the stock voltage for the NU is 1.2v, as far as I remember 1.3v doesn´t work but 1.4v does. However, considering that already 6800GT´s don´t live all too long when they are voltmodded to 1.4v, I´d not try it unless you don´t mind the rather high chance of killing your card.

I don´t remember the name of the program that lets you modify the BIOS, but I´m sure someone knows about the details.

Edit:

Check this thread

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=801537&highlight=voltmod

It´s about the GT, but I´m almost sure that you can apply it on the NU, at least it has detail info about the process itself (and the programs you have to use).

yeah, I already did the bios mod. I even pushed it up to 1.7.. But I don't think the bois hack really works, so i'm looking to try the hardware side.

kmanuel said:
yeah, I already did the bios mod. I even pushed it up to 1.7.. But I don't think the bois hack really works, so i'm looking to try the hardware side.

1.7?! :wtf:

it's water cooled... But the temps did not go any higher compared to the default voltage settings.. That lead me to believe the bios volt mod does not work

Back