Does anyone know a good firefox security addon?

ellover009

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone know a good firefox security addon?
I just overhauled my system and installed windows 7 64 bit. I remember I used to have a firefox addon that would block some activities from certain websites aka if a website tries to run an extension that is not supposed to or if that site got jacked by a spyware. It doesn't block ads it just prevents odd activities from some websites.

its similar to that, but it had a bubble on the top and it would have a website rating, and some websites would light up red in that bubble, and if you clicked on it, it would tell you why there's a warning on that website and what else has been reported, aka hyjacking, viruses and such.

Are you looking for a specific addon, or good for security in general? I hear Sandboxie is good for preventing a lot of attacks. Noscript as well, as mentioned previously.

its similar to that, but it had a bubble on the top and it would have a website rating, and some websites would light up red in that bubble, and if you clicked on it, it would tell you why there's a warning on that website and what else has been reported, aka hyjacking, viruses and such.

I'm not familiar with that one, but sounds interesting..

But I'll second Sandboxie, I have that when I want to go to certain, shall we say unsafe sites in general (pron or is it tron;)).

If you install Sandboxie the first time with Firefox it will take everything that is set up in default Firefox (addons bookmarks...). However I have heard some people say just use Sandboxie with Firefox alone, no security addons since your like 99 to 99.99% (especially in Vista and Win7, probably not so much in WinXP running as Admin like I do) safe and it will be MUCH faster. I haven't done that yet but plan on it when I finally get a fresh install of Win 7 64 bit coming from WinXP.

I've used it for 2-3 years, maybe more IIRC, even have TOR with it, but rarely use it, just wanted to see if it works and it works great with (T0R, Vidalla, Privoxy and T0R button addon). I think I set up I2P with it also but it's been awhile since I've used it. If you have the money I'd get the Pro version but I haven't run into any problems with free version. Use Sandboxie 1-2 times every 2 weeks.

I did create a new folder for the programs to go into though to keep it more clean: SandBxd_Program Files
Right now I have
MozFF_3.6_c09-10-10
Opera_10_c11-08-10
PDF Password Remover_3.1_c11-19-10
Privoxy_3016_c09-10-10
VidaliaBundle_0.2.10_T0R_0.2.1.27_c12-12-10
BitPim_1.0.7_Final_c12-07-10
CCleaner2_c08-25-10

It's a great platform to test stuff on also, obviously 2nd to VMWare, but it's way faster of course.

So I must have deleted I2P. I put c for created on there so you can just delete it and when install new one then you know when it was created.

Request policy is great. It safeguards me for when I click referral links. Then I will open up Chrome and go through my cash back site and continue my purchase there.

I would highly recommend no script addon for Firefox. WoT is good but if you are smart and dont click on stuff that isn't needed.

Back