Does anyone here game on Studio Monitors?

sitheris

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey all, I'm getting some Yamaha HS50M's soon and was wondering something about gaming on them - Since studio monitors are meant to have a flat sound, is there anything you can do to add EQ to games? I know in itunes I can simply turn on the EQ when listening to music, but what about games?

Thanks

Can I ask why you want to do this? You would probably be alot happier gaming on speakers.

Can I ask why you want to do this? You would probably be alot happier gaming on speakers.

Well I'm trying to get a decent recording setup and I want to get rid of my computer speakers since I won't have much room for them after getting the studio monitors

What about a set of gaming headphones? either normal 2.0 or surround?

What will be feeding the monitors? The Audigy 2 has a 7-band equalizer applet called the Creative Graphic Equalizer, but I'm assuming you don't intend to use it with the HS50s (good choice by the way).

Quite frankly, I wouldn't even worry about it. Your monitors aren't terribly linear, nor will your room be acoustically flat.

What will be feeding the monitors? The Audigy 2 has a 7-band equalizer applet called the Creative Graphic Equalizer, but I'm assuming you don't intend to use it with the HS50s (good choice by the way).

Quite frankly, I wouldn't even worry about it. Your monitors aren't terribly linear, nor will your room be acoustically flat.

They'll be running off an Mbox2 hooked to my Macbook. Somehow I hope to also hook them up to my PC for gaming..but I'm not sure what I need to accomplish this yet.

I use my studio monitors for gaming.. the amp I use has an EQ + I can sweeten the sound a bit with that. I wanted a little more bump, so I also added a subwoofer to the mix. I use my setup for gaming/movies and general audio listening... as my main rig is in my home theater room.... I can either play on my monitor, or drop down the projector screen + play games on 110 inches of big screen goodness

Hi All

I use my Mackies for Gaming as well as listening to Music & they're Great for both.

Back