Does anyone have Windows 10 and Linux living on the same drive?

GhostCow

Limp Gawd
I stayed up until 5am last night trying to get this to work and I've finally given up on trying to do this on my own. Each time I've made an attempt, I've installed Windows first and then Play Linux (an ubuntu based distro). I've tried three different ways of installing Play Linux. Once with Windows taking up the whole drive and choosing the "install and keep Windows" option, which killed my bootloader and wouldn't let me boot into either OS after, once creating the partitions myself, and once leaving half of the drive unformatted and letting Linux create the partitions.

The last two options booted straight into Windows after installing, so I tried adding an entry to the Windows bootloader using EasyBCD. I picked the Grub2 option and tried it with auto detect, pointing it to the partition that Linux said was a grub partition, and once pointing it to the \ partition. Each time gave me the same error message. Has anyone here managed to get this to work? Play Linux doesn't have a forum, or I would have asked there.

Edit: Turns out the issue was the distro. I switched to Sparkylinux and everything is fine now. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Back