Does anyone have issues with their 6800 and 3dMark05 Pro?

LoneWolf

2[H]4U
Hey,

My PNY 6800 has an issue with 3DMark05 Pro. In the Fill-Rate tests, I'll get corruption partway through the first Single-Texturing test and sometimes a hard-lock followed by a blue-screen STOP error that indicates a problem with nv4_displ.dll. The other tests all run fine. 3DMark05 runs fine. Doom 3 runs fine. At first I thought it was an issue with the 70.90 beta drivers but I've backed down to 66.93 WHQL and have the same issues. I know it isn't overheating either, because I've added an NV Silencer 5 which has brought temperatures down 5-7 degrees on idle alone, and more yet under load.

Has anyone else had this problem with their GeForce 68xx? I'm reluctant to point the finger at the card when everything else works (and yes, all the capacitors are there, none missing).

Is the card overclocked or did you unlock any pipes/vertex shader? Also, you're removing all the nvidia drivers, correct?

We'll start with the obvious, first :)

Have one vertex shader unlocked, no pipelines, as I got corruption when I unlocked them and thus reversed. This is regardless of what clockspeed I run at, though the card is currently clocked standard.

Re-locked the vertex shader, same problem. Upgraded to 71.20 beta drivers. Some corruption, but the last test let me go through. I suppose I could use RivaTuner of the advanced hidden options in the MSI BIOS to turn off fast writes...

Opened the hidden settings in my MSI mainboard BIOS. Disabled AGP Fast Writes. Disabled AGP sidebanding. Didn't fix it. Tried disabling System BIOS cacheable. Tried upping AGP voltage to 1.55v. Tried upping RAM voltage slightly to 2.65. Ensured ATI/NV Speedup setting was set to Disabled instead of Auto. Tried setting AGP memory to 256MB instead of 128MB. Still problems.

BUMP.

Blame software before hardware. Reset BIOS defaults, wipe and reinstall windows, etc...

I had the same exact problem after installing a critical windows xp update a few nights ago. I removed it and everything was peachy again. Might be worth a try if you are using XP. That update caused some blue screening in games at random times as well for me. Hope this helps.

Advil said:
Blame software before hardware. Reset BIOS defaults, wipe and reinstall windows, etc...

Funny you should mention it...decided I'd do just that, backed up my data, and wiped the C drive, reinstalled Windows, went to SP2 this time (had been using SP1a), and all WHQL drivers...same problem. Even when putting my BIOS back to the most conservative settings, the problem doesn't go away. And yet, Doom 3 and Far Cry run just fine. I just don't want this to turn into a problem that bites me in the butt down the road if a new release stresses my hardware more than what is currently available. Then again, it could be a Futuremark bug.

Back