Does anyone have experience with Steelseries SX mousepad

Prozac1964

Limp Gawd
Hi everyone, I'm wanting to try a Steelseries SX mousepad, but I wanted to see if anyone here has any experience with them.

The only thing that really bothers me is the raised Logo on the top right corner. I don't want to be hitting that thing, while I'm gaming.

BTW I'll be using a Logitech G500 mouse on it.

Thanks for any advice, Prozac :)

I'm using an Sx for some time now and it fits very nice with my Mx518. Dust tends to gather at the mice feet a little bit more than with the Qck.
In the summer the aluminium keeps a little bit of coldness for the hand which is nice :) .

And now an opposing view :)

I just sold this mousemat after testing it with various mice, but mostly the Logitech G5. I'm a cloth user, but my QPAD CT is completely worm out so am currently testing possible replacements.

The Steelseries SX was far too slippery, which is most likely true for all aluminum mats. For example, moving the mouse at high speed and stopping would result in a rebound effect on screen. This is due to almost zero grip and makes aiming very difficult. The mat is huge, so hitting the logo is unlikely to happen.

I've also tried a QPAD XT-R (too slippery) and Steelseries QCK+ (too grippy). I received a Steelseries 4D today and so far I'm quite happy with the grip level (rough side), but accuracy needs more testing. I may just get another QPAD CT tbh, nothing has yet some close to that mat.

More feedback: pad is not huge. You might call it big but huge it is not. I have also an Qck+ Limited edition SK Gaming(450x400) and that you might call huge.
As for friction, i would call it a nice pad for high sensitivity gamers(like me). Low sens players in my opinion should opt for something with more friction. For me as a high sens player it is better than say a Qck medium due to lower friction.

Back