Does anyone have EIST enabled on their Conroe desktop?

pdp76

Weaksauce
I thought I'd enable it on my e6300 (via bios and windows) just to see if my idle temps go down even further, currently they are between 35-40C depending on how hot it is in the room. I know, the temps are nothing to worry about, I'm just being kind of anal with my idle temps, anyway, back to the EIST question

So with EIST enabled, when the CPU is doing nothing, it only gets throttled back to 1.58GHz from 1.86GHz (running stock speeds, no OC). Seems like a pretty worthless amount throttling, seeing it's only <300MHz difference, not to mention, it does next to nothing for my core temps and vcore voltage. Core temp doesn't get any cooler and vcore voltage only goes down between .02-.04V.

Anyway, is my EIST working properly?

It only throttles to a 6x multi, so you're fine. My woodcrests do the same thing, they throttle to 2 ghz.

EIST isn't very useful for 6300/6400's as their stock clocks are already low, and if you overclock then when it drops to 6x multiplier & 1.05v it probably won't be stable b/c of the voltage.

I had it enabled on my e6600 @ 3Ghz, when it was enabled it dropped to 2Ghz @ 1.05v and ran very cool. But it actually already runs so cool when idle I felt it wasn't necessary and disabled it again.

I thought it flipped back and forth between x6 and x9? 'Cause I got a reading of 3.6GHz with my FSB and 400 and multi at 8 with EIST.

Back