Does anyone else find this hilarious?

bigbluefe

[H]ard|Gawd
They announce monitors in every fucking size except the one people want.

Is it really that hard to release a 30" or 32" 4k 120hz+ screen? 55" is too fucking big.

I can't get over how fucking dumb and tone deaf this industry is. Do they even talk to humans?

You can blame panel manufacturers for that. Display manufacturers can only use what they can get from panel makers. There's supposed to be a high refresh rate 32" 4K panel coming from AUO this year.

But I agree, 27" 4K panels is not what people want and even 43" is pretty huge. TVs with minimum size of 55" are too large for desktop use for most.

During the 1080p era there was a decent amount of synergy between the PC Display and TV segments; but as TVs have gotten much larger it's no longer the case. Even a really big high end 32/40" PC monitor would be a low end entry level TV aimed either at people who can't afford bigger and better or who just want a cheap 3rd/4th TV for in a bedroom/etc. And as long as there's still lots of room for feature creep in much more profitable high end segments none of the TV people are particularly interested in doing major refreshes at the bottom that we could benefit from.

You say that but.. supply and demand. Are these "people" you speak out the general public or enthusiasts on hardware forums?

Likely these "monitors" are using TV displays, and there aren't high-end TVs below 55" these days.

I'm on 55" now on my media rig, but honestly 55" is too big as a daily driver. It's nice for gaming/movies (where I can sit back a bit) but it's pretty bad for desktop use, even web browsing (forget trying to work).

I'll see about the 43" one people were talking about. That might be a decent upgrade, but I'll probably just stick with this machine for working/browsing (34" UW) and use the TV for media only.

Back