Does anybody know what case this is? Help identifying

Spare-Flair

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm trying to identify what case this is. It is being sold under the store's in-house brand name so I have no idea who the real manufacturer is or where I can find reviews of it.

I'm not a fan of the outside look because one side panel is pretty lame but it has a nice black interior with good cable routing options through the backplate. The biggest deal is the two USB 3.0 ports on the top and built in HDD docking station and two server style hot swap drive bays. All for $49.

Can anybody tell me what case this actually is?
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX29767

MX29767-1.jpg
MX29767-2.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like a frankenstein case, a mix of a lot of features from different manufacturers... very interesting. Would love the guy from OC3D.tv to crack into this, and be blown away with hotswap drives+space for a rad ontop for $50 CAD.

What is the issue with the panel you were mentioning?

It looks like a frankenstein case, a mix of a lot of features from different manufacturers... very interesting. Would love the guy from OC3D.tv to crack into this, and be blown away with hotswap drives+space for a rad ontop for $50 CAD.

What is the issue with the panel you were mentioning?

I think the side panel is ugly and ruins the lines by being an ugly bulge in an awkward shape.

MX29767-0.jpg

Reminds me of the side on the 400R/500R. It isn't SO BAD, if it gives the side panel less flex, then it's actually a good feature! Stamped out metal bits usually do give more structural integrity to a flat piece of metal, so it might turn out to be a good thing.

I wish the front drive bar mesh plates were easier to remove, with side grips or something to squeeze to remove them. The little things really make a case in my opinion.

Reminds me of the side on the 400R/500R. It isn't SO BAD, if it gives the side panel less flex, then it's actually a good feature! Stamped out metal bits usually do give more structural integrity to a flat piece of metal, so it might turn out to be a good thing.

I wish the front drive bar mesh plates were easier to remove, with side grips or something to squeeze to remove them. The little things really make a case in my opinion.

How often do you remove your front mesh plates though? The side buldge is also space for a 200mm fan. The only thing missing for me on this case is tool-less expansion card slots...and a non-ugly side panel.

I don't move them very much, it's more so a wishlist feature for me. Nice to have modular options/ease of use.

I hope this had fan filters /EVERYWHERE/. Any idea?

Hey, nice find Phirk. Thanks! I actually like the Hoplite's panels more than the Aurora FTC's panels. Too bad I cannot swap them but for $49, I guess I can't go wrong with an extra case that would be handy for harddrive swapping or cloning.

Well, I bought this case today. I'm quite impressed by the feature list. It's a budget case with the look of more expensive cases (basically just the black paint inside and the wire management grommets). The server style quick swap bays are a nice feature. I can finally retire my old 4 bay RAID box. Haven't tried the top mounted HDD dock but it looks like it will only work with AHCI drives because it just directly plugs into the SATA ports and doesn't have it's own controller like USB docks have. The USB 3.0 on the top are a nice feature too. Don't have to buy the silly $25 USB 3.0 to 5 1/4" bay box that ASUS makes. I would have preferred the Hoplite case in terms of looks for the side panels but that's no big deal.

Back