Does anybody else find the Pandora Tomorrow night vision sucky?

LordPhobos

Limp Gawd
I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and am running the full game at 1600x1200. Though I wish there was AA in this game, I'll settle for just running it at full resolution. But when I turn on night vision mode, I can suddenly see all of the lines in the game get really aliased, like the resolution was suddenly dropped. Is this just a product of the game, or is my card acting wonky? I upgraded to the latest Cat's (4.4), but it didn't seem to help any. Just wondering if it's just me or not.

The night vision is supposed to look a little blurry, atleast I hope it is cause thats how mine looks.

THe Nightvision was blurry in the first one, hence nightvision is blurry in the second one.

Originally posted by Xenomaniac
THe Nightvision was blurry in the first one, hence nightvision is blurry in the second one.

Blurry I can understand, but I don't remember the aliasing being so obvious in the original SC. I own both and I just finished playing the first one a few weeks ago, so it's still relatively fresh in my mind.

I agree with you LordPhobos - I do not recall first SC having such jaggy nightvision.

PT definitely has a problem of no AA and poor shadows at least on Radeon cards (can't say about Nvidia) and at times its really annoying and just plain ugly.

I think that the reason you see so many jagged edges with nightvision is because with it obviously everything turns black and white and a lot brighter which shows up edges so much more than normal colour. I fear that normal vision is just as jaggy as nightvision except we can't tell due to dark colouring and just plain darkness that exists in most levels (early ones anyway).

The graphical part of this game is a bit of a let down. Hopefully they will get the shadows and jaggies little better with the patches if they ever release them.

Shame.........otherwise I'm quite enjoying the game.

The new ATI drivers resolve something to this effect.

I too think nightvision looks shitty on my 9800pro. It looks like the res drops to 320x240 when i switch em on. lol

Anyway I havnt tried the new 4.4 catalysts (waiting for the omegas) but I did see something in the release notes about SC :pt.

Originally posted by glycerine102
The new ATI drivers resolve something to this effect.

I too think nightvision looks shitty on my 9800pro. It looks like the res drops to 320x240 when i switch em on. lol

Anyway I havnt tried the new 4.4 catalysts (waiting for the omegas) but I did see something in the release notes about SC :pt.

The newest Cats fixes the shadows only a bit on my computer, do be expecting a lot from it.

Back