• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Does adding the extra .1v to the northbridge help overclocks much?

Lakitu

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
465
I'm thinking of getting a Thermalright NB-1C for my northbridge, ditching the stock NF7-S 2.0 fan, but I don't wanna waste $20 if it won't make a difference. So, how much does an extra .1 volt on the northbridge help with overclocking in general? Stock it's at 1.9, looking to get it to 2.0 volts. Any help = appreciated
 
stock should be like 1.6 but it helps with the fsb alot i raised it from 1.6 to 1,66 on my epox (had to do a vmod) and i got from 211fsb to 222fsb stable.
 
Well, I haven't messed with the chipset voltage, and I believe it's at 1.9v right now, or maybe it's 1.8...I'll have to check it out.
 
well its should help a lil as the stock abit cooler is REALLY crappy. I would just get a nb1 tho from svc for $10. I have one and I run it fanless and its great (fan hits cpu cooler)
 
Back
Top