Does a fan controller like this exist?

dikky

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
92
I have 5 non-pwm fans. Is there a fan controller available that plugs into cpu fan header and sets the voltages for the 5 fans based on the pwm signal?
 
Last edited:
NO!!!

Did you find a fan controller that does this?

Did you find another way to do this?

You can't just go onto a forum ask a question and then follow up with "nvm".

it was a second question I had about whether putting a temp sensor between the cpu and block is a bad idea and shortly after logic made the answer obvious.
 
I kinda want one, too, but I don't really have a good place to put it. I think I'm done with the minimalist chassis I've been working with at some point in the near future.

Oh curse you again, Tsumi. First you have me eyeing the Haswell-E release by opening my eyes to the 16x PCIE lane limitation on Z87... now you have me wanting a bigger case by posting a link to what seems at first just a simple meshed fan controller.

The PWM auto control on the unit being discussed, though... that's somewhat revolutionary, no?
 
I've seen that product on the market for at least 2-3 years now, so it must not have gotten very popular. I don't see anything else with that feature.
 
I actually own one, my only complaint? One of the LED is weaker than the others so it's on my backup rig. It's a good fan controller I'm actually looking at it right now. Would recc to anyone who needs something that fits the bill.:)
 
Back
Top