Does 5728 still BSOD on install with 7950GX2?

Zorn

Limp Gawd
Anyone tried to see if it still does this, or did they finally fix it?

I have it running on the x86 version with the 96.33 RC1 drivers, but it only sees one GPU.

According to MS, no Vista Betas will support sli. It will be supported in the retail version.

BIGDADDY51 said:
According to MS, no Vista Betas will support sli. It will be supported in the retail version.

Do you have a source for this? Doesn't make much sense that they would purposely not support it in beta, when the testing is supposed to be done.

BIGDADDY51 said:

I think MS is talking about support built into the OS. According to NVIDIA's release notes with 96.33 it should support SLI:

http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/96.33/96.33_ForceWare_WinVista_Release_Notes.pdf

From page 4 of the notes:

NVIDIA SLI Technology
This release is intended to serve as a functional preview for application
porting purposes, and not as a performance driver.

As far as I can tell it hasn't been particularly functional either.

I went back and checked the date on the thread ,and it's September 11th andYou are right. it says Microsoft won't have any drivers available before RTM. I'm sure that a check of hardware sites daily will yield new drivers . I'll be happy when they support the onboard nic on my K8, so I can load Vista on that. So far, its the old blaxk screen. :(

Back