Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Right

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I don't use a dock, get bent.

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters

xnorthx

Limp Gawd
Just curious as to where everyone keeps their dock pinned. I've always had my RocketDock on top, but would constantly get frustrated with it popping up when i try to double-click a fullscreened window to "restore down" said window.

I understand this can be prevented by setting a longer delay, but i like the dock to pop up rather quickly.

I'm trying it out on the right for now. :p

I figured this would be applicable in this subforum since this is where all the "post your screenshot" type threads are found.

My dock (when I actually use one; currently not) gets placed wherever it works best with the background and other items. I forget which dock I was using but it had the option of being set to not only the bottom, but bottom left and bottom right (along with the same for the other sides) which was great for adding another level of customizing. One of my favorites was top left cause I was having the issue of it popping up when I would move the mouse to the top, but with it off to the left a bit, I would have half the top section to have it not pop up :D

on the top. i don't use a taskbar and with the stacks docklet i absolutely hate things expanding/opening upwards

ive tried all the positions and the bottom is just what flows for me the best.

On my MBP I keep the dock on the bottom. It's usually visible but when I'm doing certain work, and need more screen real-estate, I'll set it to auto-hide so it's out of site and my program windows can use the full screen.

I have RocketDock positioned at the top with AutoHide and the default Delay, and to avoid interference with menu bars, I have the Edge Offset set to 40 pixels, so if the dock is accidentally invoked I can still access what was intended.

Back