DOA Sapphire 6950 2GB?

mlightsey

Gawd
I have currently have and AMD 5870 with a Corsair TX750w PSU. I bought an Sapphire 6950 Dirt 3 Edition http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102945.

Turned off power disconnected old video card.

Installed new video card, plugged in both 6 pin video card connectors, turned on video power supply, hit the on button and only the MB power button turned on.

Checked cables and connection, repeated last step and nothing happened. Took video card out, computer turned on.

Put old video card back into computer everything turned on.

DOA video card, or any other ideas?

Do you have 2nd slot maybe trying a different slot for the hell of it? I would power up the computer with both cards just to eliminate that if you have two slots.

Does the fan on the video card spin on the 6950? Its possible its DOA.

DOA That sucks. :( These things happen though. Companies these days care more about pushing a product out of the door than the actual condition it is in to begin with. I'm sure their quality control consists of some guy looking at the card to make sure there are no defects that knows nothing about computers other than staring at graphics cards all day.

Did you try the old gut the sys and test one thing at a time?

Its easy to forget after so many years of building systems to go back to the basics.

You can try gutting your system and then install the new card.

You need to disconnect everything but what is needed to power up the system.
Before you remove your old card go in bios and set everything back to normal "no overclocking or anything like that."

if you can get to a bios screen i don't think your card is DOA.

Your not trying to get in to windows you just want to find out if the video card is DOA so no hard drives connected.

If you can get to Bios power down and start reconnecting things one at a time and boot up after each thing is connected to find out what is the problem.

while you have the system gutted check all connections to the main board.
IF you cant get a Bios screen then the Card is DOA.:mad:

Back