Do your X-Fi Drivers work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not get my x-fi I/O bay drive (the fatality one) to output anything, let alone input something.

I can not get my x-fi I/O bay drive (the fatality one) to output anything, let alone input something.

Maybe its a bad drive or Cable?

Did you?;
Connect the Floppy type power connector.
Reinstall the Card's Drivers and at least the Audio Console and DON'T Sync with Windows.
Use the Newest drivers.
Make sure the motherboard has the newest BIOS and drivers.
Clean out old files.

I added the I/O Drive to my Xtreme Music.

At least thus far, my new X-Fi Elite Pro is behaving quite nicely with the last driver releases under both Vista Ultimate/RTM x86 and XP/x64. Go figure.

I have the X-Fi Elite Pro as well. The new Vista drivers DO work, but it just seems to me that the sound quality wasn't what it was under XP.

I also miss the systray icon for the settings.

I have the X-Fi Elite Pro as well. The new Vista drivers DO work, but it just seems to me that the sound quality wasn't what it was under XP.

I also miss the systray icon for the settings.

They should sound the same but tweaking is another story. I'd just advise you to find MooFasa. He has great info on tweaking X-Fi and Vista64. I'm not ready to mess with Vista yet.

At least thus far, my new X-Fi Elite Pro is behaving quite nicely with the last driver releases under both Vista Ultimate/RTM x86 and XP/x64. Go figure.

Yup. The drivers are coming along but there's still work to be done. Many are missing Bass Management (Not there). I'm staying with WinXP.

MooFasa. Paging MooFasa!

:)

They should sound they same but tweaking is another story. I'd just advise you to find MooFasa. He has great info on tweaking X-Fi and Vista. I'm not ready to mess with Vista yet.

I did a new vista x64 install on Saturday. I finally how to get digital output working properly. So i'm rocking the same setup I had for xp (analog for 5.1 to speakers, digital 2.0 to DAC->headphone amp).

I have to still use youp-pax for the thx panel + bass redirected but that's no more hassle than the thx panel under xp.

Feel free to colour me a happy camper :)

Round #2

A friend tells me;

Oh no man, squeal real lound so I quickly turn the power off. I hope it's not the dreaded SOD". " He's using Vista so I'm like ummm get a chance to play with Vista-32bit Ut.

"Could you come over and check it out?"

What were you doing when this happened? "I was switching out cables on the card." SO I suspected maybe it just moved/shifted but wasn't sure.

I get there, removed the side of the Lian Li case, looks OK as far as nothing's burnt. I drain the power and re-seat the card. Power up and it boots straight into Vista and everything works. So I didn't learn anything new. He as a nForce 4 and no SCP issues at all as well. I'm really beginning to dis-like Lian Li but other cases that use these Paper thing Motherboard Trays. It's wayyyyy to easy to un-seat PCI cards and not just a Creative sound card. This about the 4th time I've seen cards get loose. 2 X-FI's, 1 TV Card and 1 GbE NIC. Guys this is also the major cause of the dreaded "Can't Find _______" error folks have pop up out of No-Where. Not bad drivers again. This happened with the Kids Aver-TV card the last time I fixed one. This can cause computer to shut down and if not corrected, NOT start up. It can also short the card out or kill it.

Steel or Heavy duty AL motherboard trays for me from now on.

My Last set is a Mix of Creative's driver and the Youp_Pax software and still no crashes.

My x-fi music ed. had a bug in FEAR where half the multiplayer maps would have this loud buzzing sound every time I jumped. It only happened with certain maps and it was regardless of if I was using hardware sound or not.

I also could not get openAL to work and EAX was extremely buggy. Creative still has not released a driver that fixed these problems. This is all on XP64, however their drivers all claim to have fully supported these things, but the reality is that the x-fi is just not worth the trouble on windows XP x64.

I downgraded to an audigy4 and everything works great with hardware sound set to max on any game and full x64 support without any instability.

The audigy series are not ideal for critical music listening, so I only use it for games and movies, but for that purpose, it works great.

My x-fi music ed. had a bug in FEAR where half the multiplayer maps would have this loud buzzing sound every time I jumped. It only happened with certain maps and it was regardless of if I was using hardware sound or not.

I also could not get openAL to work and EAX was extremely buggy. Creative still has not released a driver that fixed these problems. This is all on XP64, however their drivers all claim to have fully supported these things, but the reality is that the x-fi is just not worth the trouble on windows XP x64.

I downgraded to an audigy4 and everything works great with hardware sound set to max on any game and full x64 support without any instability.

The audigy series are not ideal for critical music listening, so I only use it for games and movies, but for that purpose, it works great.

I don't know man, sounds more like user error hehehe! You're using a 64bit OS for Movies, Music and Games? Sounds like you should be running MCE?

Typical answer. The guy said his drivers don't work the way he thinks they should and you tell him it's user error "hehehe!" and he should use another OS? ..LOL!! Perhaps he should just get another soundcard.;) He should be using MCE becasue he listens to music plays games and watches movies? What do most people do on their OS;) You have this thread that you keep bumping but once it gets a user that says his driver don't work you just disregard him?:rolleyes:
@Yashu, The drivers are buggy your not the first person I have heard say so. You should be able to do anything you want on your OS.
Alot of companies are playing catch up for Vista and Vista 64. IF a companie releases drivers for Vista 64 they SHOULD work....

and why even quote it? :confused:

Didn't you ask him to put me on ignore as well?:confused: Why? If you already know someone is going to make a negative reply, try to sell Xmeridian and fly off the handle when even asked even a simple question, why bother?

Mine work fine in xp , but under vista where my 4gb is actually seen with mapping on i get crack snaple and pop so i gotta turn mapping off and only use 3gb of my ram :(.

Mine work fine in xp , but under vista where my 4gb is actually seen with mapping on i get crack snaple and pop so i gotta turn mapping off and only use 3gb of my ram :(.

Others here have reported this problem and some fixed it while others didn't. This is a *real problem for users. I don't or wouldn't know how to fix it since I don't have 4GB of RAM and I'm NOT touching Vista yet. I don't use 64bit XP or Vista can't see a need to for it either, FOR ME ONLY. I was NOT trying to be a smart ass by saying MCE (it sucks IMHO) would be better for Gaming, Movies and Music.

For the angry Vista users reading this. I wasn't keen on WinXP when it first shipped either. I now have 4 legal installs on 4 out of our 5 computers in our home. Having more than one computer has Pros and Cons. Less back up as needed docs and etc are spread out with multiple copies. Bad because my Single system would could have had Quad Core, 4GB of RAM, maybe an 8800GTX and with at least a 24" Dell.

You noticed that aswell Magnetik?
:rolleyes:
The guy answers your question and still taking cheap shots.

My drivers went from working pretty good to being broken lol.

The Digital output resets itself everytime I reboot meaning I have to manually enable it after a system reset.

Right now I'm using a user-made quickfix that does this at startup, too lazy to uninstall and reinstall driver... wtf creative, I'm seriously contemplating switching to another SC just because I hate the X-Fi/Creative brand.

My drivers went from working pretty good to being broken lol.

The Digital output resets itself everytime I reboot meaning I have to manually enable it after a system reset.

Right now I'm using a user-made quickfix that does this at startup, too lazy to uninstall and reinstall driver... wtf creative, I'm seriously contemplating switching to another SC just because I hate the X-Fi/Creative brand.

Then dump it if it doesn't please you. With the older drivers, switching wasn't needed and if your card worked with them just do a roll back. If not, I'd pull the card out and get something else.

I actually thought about that issue before. If you reinstalled the drivers and set the card for Digital as default then it should remain when set, possibly. When you install the X-fi deosn't it ask you what your default speaker seup is? I think it should work for keeping the setup when the system reboots. Try it out...

Didn't you ask him to put me on ignore as well?:confused: Why? If you already know someone is going to make a negative reply, try to sell Xmeridian and fly off the handle when even asked even a simple question, why bother?
Audioguy obviously disregarded magnetik's request.

Your goal for making note of that fact that you're ignoring his posts is to make it seem to other users as if you hold the moral high ground, when in fact all you're doing is encapsulating yourself from having to respond to his occasionally valid arguments. In this case, he has a valid argument, so it may do you some service for you to see it and respond to it.

Audioguy obviously disregarded magnetik's request.

Your goal for making note of that fact that you're ignoring his posts is to make it seem to other users as if you hold the moral high ground, when in fact all you're doing is encapsulating yourself from having to respond to his occasionally valid arguments. In this case, he has a valid argument, so it may do you some service for you to see it and respond to it.

Then you repeat his argument or question? I'm sorry but his being impossible to talk to is HIS PROBLEM, not mine. I've patted Creative on the back when they did good and slapped the hell out of them when they haven't (IMHO of course). Try that with Auzentech and most of that gang will act as if you said something about their mothers. Even you asked him if he was getting paid by them.

The thread is about X-Fi Drvers. Vista 64 isn't the best damned OS for a multimedia rig even the MS Windows Vista Blog says so.

Then you repeat his argument or question?
Sure. It is as follows (cleaned up a bit to make it a bit more neutral):
...The guy said his drivers don't work the way he thinks they should and you tell him it's user error "hehehe!" and he should use another OS?...He should be using MCE becasue he listens to music plays games and watches movies? What do most people do on their OS [snip] You have this thread that you keep bumping but once it gets a user that says his driver don't work you just disregard him?
It might not have much to do with the topic of the thread itself, but he makes a fairly good point.

I'm sorry but his being impossible to talk to is HIS PROBLEM, not mine.
I have no real issues talking to him. I think that, perhaps, he leans a bit one way on certain subjects, but don't we all? Certainly, we all have our preferences and internal biases toward some subjects, but it's better to seize an opportunity to debate and present counter-arguments than miss out on that dialogue. Dialogue is why we're here, after all.

Try that with Auzentech and most of that gang will act as if you said something about their mothers. Even you asked him if he was getting paid by them.
I don't think that's really true. I've attacked Auzentech for the nonsensical decision to go with a non-standard, nearly useless digi-out solution on the extension board, but I don't recall anyone getting offended over it. I think I pressed that pretty hard, too.

And my comment about him getting commissions was a jab. Just my way of letting him know that I'm keeping on top of things so to speak, though he wasn't pleased, and I suppose understandably so. In any case, that isn't really relevant.

I have spoke with Magnetik on the topic.
Okay, good.

1. You think X-Fi is the only problem Vista has?

2. You're not me and he knows he can't make too many enemies LOL!

3. Then you continue to have good conversations with him.

4. Start a new thread, this one is about X-Fi drivers

5. No good and NOT OK if you can't follow the Mod's instructions. I did.

Lastly, the hehehe was tongue cheek just as you asked him if he works for Auzentech. I even followed it up on another post. Why would anyone with any kind of common sense think otherwise. So please go and buy Vista Basic for heavy use? You do buy software to match your job.

You think X-Fi is the only problem Vista has?
Actually, he was using XP64. This is regarding Yashu's post, if that hasn't been made clear (it has).

No good and NOT OK if you can't follow the Mod's instructions. I did.
You may have followed the letter, but, regrettably, not the spirit.

So please go and buy Vista Basic for heavy use? You do buy software to match your job.
I'm not particularly sure what you're talking about here.

I'll post since this thread is way off topic. I have Vista Premium and I've got my X-fi gamer working really well with the PAX CREATIVE BETA DRIVERS_XFI; but only with those. This lets you use the XP creative console and in my opinion somehow sounds an awful lot better than the beta driver you can get from creative which nixes the console as it is in XP.

Before I wasn't getting the same sound and fidelity as I was getting in XP with the crystallizer and the surround sound. Now I can't tell the difference.

I don't know what Half-life episode 1 is using for audio but it sounds as good as a great EAX game in the day...just got that...

Actually, he was using XP64. This is regarding Yashu's post, if that hasn't been made clear (it has).

You may have followed the letter, but, regrettably, not the spirit.

I'm not particularly sure what you're talking about here.

Now back to if your X-Fi drivers work?

I'll post since this thread is way off topic. I have Vista Premium and I've got my X-fi gamer working really well with the PAX CREATIVE BETA DRIVERS_XFI; but only with those. This lets you use the XP creative console and in my opinion somehow sounds an awful lot better than the beta driver you can get from creative which nixes the console as it is in XP.

Before I wasn't getting the same sound and fidelity as I was getting in XP with the crystallizer and the surround sound. Now I can't tell the difference.

I don't know what Half-life episode 1 is using for audio but it sounds as good as a great EAX game in the day...just got that...

Thank you for your post on Topic and I'm sorry I let them take off Topic.

For folks having problems with Buggy DS3D Games like FEAR.

http://preview.creativelabs.com/alchemy/Lists/Games/AllItems.aspx

F.E.A.R
Verified [F.E.A.R]

RegPath=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions\FEAR\1.00.0000\InstallDir Included in ALchemy database

The correct Alchemy setting.

http://winvistaforums.com/windows-vista-support/9579-games-explorer-64-bit.html

I own the 64-bit edition of Vista Ultimate and my Games Explorer is a mess which really bugs me because I'm a big gamer and I liked the idea of having a neat central location for my games.

Yup, this big mess is Creative's fault alright!

I wasn't user error. I tried it on a fresh format and got the same bug, and also with different driver versions, and no bug on a 32bit install.

It does it only on my x-fi music ed. Everything works fine on the audigy4. xp64 is fine for movies, games, audio work, 3D CAD, critical listening, and everything else I want to do. I enjoy the advantages of having more address space, the better scheduler, and improved stability.

Creative just never got their x-fi drivers working, or it could be a bug with the x-fi music ed. Remember that they don't make that particular x-fi anymore. That is the only one that they have discontinued and it could very well be that it is a hardware bug.

I wasn't user error. I tried it on a fresh format and got the same bug, and also with different driver versions, and no bug on a 32bit install.

It does it only on my x-fi music ed. Everything works fine on the audigy4. xp64 is fine for movies, games, audio work, 3D CAD, critical listening, and everything else I want to do. I enjoy the advantages of having more address space, the better scheduler, and improved stability.

Creative just never got their x-fi drivers working, or it could be a bug with the x-fi music ed. Remember that they don't make that particular x-fi anymore. That is the only one that they have discontinued and it could very well be that it is a hardware bug.

I'm saying this up front and not BS. I formally apologize for BSing with you and should have said what I did. I was wrong and shouldn't have done that. I'm BIASED about Vista64 because I've seen sit suck and appear more like a Beta version when it went on sale. It has gotten better but it left with with a bitter view. It's none of my damned business what OS you use for whatever.

With that said, IMHO, the OS sucks without and X-FI installed.

There are guys here, who posted in the forum, using X-FI Xtreme Music and Win Vista 64 bit and it works for them. So are they lucky? Are they lying? The Xtreme Music is the one I have and it uses the same Drivers and the Platinum and it will not or should not installed the driver for the X-Fi I/O Drive Bay. If you install the drivers for it, it will screw up your setup. I added the X-FI I/O Drive and added the drivers for it.

I am pretty sure a few guys have gotten their cards to work in X64
If they don't work then why does CL put out the drivers for them?
Hope you get it sorted out. Possibly you can find somebody who
has a better answer for you. Good Luck.

Yashu if you're really interested in setting up the card for you or anyone else, ask Moofasa about this card since he has X-Fi working in Vista-64bit. As you see in this thread, others got it working as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back