Do you?

KodiakStar

/'s by 0
Carry around your camera on a daily basis?

If so, what do you use to take it with you and how many lenses do you bring with you?

Currently I have mine in a smaller camera bag, that I put into my backpack. I commute to work and bring lunch etc with me. However the bag in a bag routine is getting old and its only the second day!

Yup - everywhere I go (in the truck, of course).

In winter I pack a D2X body, 8G CF card, 28-70mm f/2.8, 12-24mm f/4, 60mm f/2.8 macro, 77mm C-Pol, SB800 flash, remote flash cord, flash bracket and spare battery - all shoehorned into a Lowepro Pro Mag II shoulder bag. On road trips I will also pack something longer.

The summer load varies as I go to a larger bag.

I carry a 30D and 24-105 f/4 L IS with me every day, and sometimes a 430ex speedlight...

If I know there is something specific to shoot, I will bring a more specific lens instead (or both)

Not literally everywhere, but if I'm going to pretty much anything that might be interesting I will. I normally carry my Rebel, the kit lens, my 50mm f/1.4 and 580EX II. I just bought a 24-70mm f/2.8 a week and a half ago that I can carry in its own pouch, but does not fit in my bag.

I'm going to be looking at a new bag hopefully this coming week.

Not normally unless I know I am going to shoot something. I carry a Canon 870IS with me everywhere. The IQ on that is pretty good for a P&S.

I have started carrying around my Nikon EM 35mm with me in my truck. It has a small case that carries the flash as wel as one lense and a number of rolls of film. Currently I have a Nikkor 28-80mm and a Tamron 75-105mm(I believe). Hopefully will be picking up a digi soon!:D

A good deal of the time, yes. I carry it in my bag that I bring to work, but I rarely have time to go out and photograph something these days.

I have a 90 mm macro lens on my camera pretty much all the time now.

I carry my cheapy P&S with me just about everywhere, being a broke college student I can't afford anything much better than that for taking with me constantly.

Though if I do think I'm going to be shooting something I'll take my E-500 with me (with the kit lenses, see broke college student again).

Yes 99% of the time. The only time I dont carry it is when Im going strictly to the store and, back. Unless I go cross town, then I carry it. You never know when something might happen. I carry mine in my Camelback Ranger pack with my SB600, 50 f/1.8 and, my Tamron 28-300mm attached. I also have a tripod/monopod in my truck at all times.

<snip> I also have a tripod/monopod in my truck at all times.

I don't keep my tripod in the truck anymore in winter. My Markins M10 head seized up in the cold one time and never was never the same again. Luckily, the Nikonians Pro Shop exchanged it under warranty (and allowed me to upgrade to M20 at the same time).

In the summer though, I leave my Gitzo/Markins combo in there all the time

If I get new gears like lenses or filters, I would bring my camera to work regardless. Test them out. If I have a unusual short work day, I bring my gears to work also. Backpack and all of my gears which consist of 3 lenses and a 30D.

There aren't many times you could expect to bring your camera to work and have something interesting to shoot. Unless you have an unusual long lunch break, you can't really go that far to take shots. I would save my real shooting on my day offs.

Carry around your camera on a daily basis?

If so, what do you use to take it with you and how many lenses do you bring with you?

Currently I have mine in a smaller camera bag, that I put into my backpack. I commute to work and bring lunch etc with me. However the bag in a bag routine is getting old and its only the second day!

For me I work in Washington DC, on the "Mall" and also work in a Smithsonian Museum. So I am in short walking distance to the Capitol building, and other museums where I can take indoor or outdoor pictures fairly easily. Just trying to find a better way to bring my gear with me every day. Right now I just have the camera and two kit lenses, but find I am constantly switching between the two of them.

The challenge is I have been here for 4 years and trying to make things "fresh" through my own eyes to say "this is worth taking a picture of"

I just started being more active over at Digital Photography School, and had this posted up for critique :
2215332463_c51cd274d1.jpg

Back