Do you use Virtu MVP?

Just curious to see if anyone here actually uses Lucid's Virtu MVP - and if so which feature(s) along with which dGPU / iGPU combo?

I would use it, if it didn't crash when I tabbed out of games. :/

I don't, from what I've seen the benefits aren't exactly all that great unless you're doing very particular things with your pc.

I have only been using it for a very short time now and it has not crashed on me when I tab around. At least... not yet.

So far my impression of it is that it is a bit of a selling point gimmick. I have not noticed any real difference in the games I have tried out so far but would like to continue to give it a shot as the week goes by with other, non Blizzard, titles.

In my ideal world, I use my dedicated GPU for gaming, and my windows desktop is run off the igpu. I'd like the dedicated gpu to power down then off (after say, 5 minutes) after non use. I think that was the idea behind Virtu, along with accelerated video transcoding... but it just hasn't worked that way for me.

What if the discrete output RAMDAC dies, but the GPU still works. Wouldn't VIRTU be able to make use of the discrete card?

I don't use it. Too many reviews show no benefit and, in some cases, a hindrance.

Well, ive been waiting to use this for a few months, i didnt know it worked on skyrim, so i just tested it.

This is stock Skyrim with no HD textures and the only mod installed is Alternate life, which doesnt affect performance.

http://imgur.com/a/6w1bM

With VirtuMVP the FPS was high without me moving, once i started to move it dipped to 40 being lowest, in certain areas standing still it was over a hundred.

Without it installed i got a steady 60 FPS. And the game felt smoother.Running the FPS dipped to 59 FPS.

Conclusion....in my case its simply not worth it, losing performance.

In my ideal world, I use my dedicated GPU for gaming, and my windows desktop is run off the igpu. I'd like the dedicated gpu to power down then off (after say, 5 minutes) after non use. I think that was the idea behind Virtu, along with accelerated video transcoding... but it just hasn't worked that way for me.

I'd like for the system to work this way as well, but without an extra crappy software layer from a 3rd party (Lucid). If NVidia/AMD and Intel video drivers could handle this type of hand-off within Windows that would be a good way to save a bit of power/heat (not much since the current gen cards clock/power down well at idle).

Back