Do You Use Ubuntu?

Sky

Limp Gawd
If you use Ubuntu and visit the Freenode IRC channel I just wanted to let Ubuntu users know there is a new Ubuntu channel called ##ubuntu-geeks.

P.S. I just installed 9.10, really great! ;)

Last edited:
This sortakinda belongs in the Linux subforum. Ask a Mod to move it there for you, or they may notice it and do it anyway.

I did til Vista64 Sp1 came along and my reasons for using it went away.

I'm surprised this hasn't been moved yet, they used to be quick about that, unless I'm thinking about someplace else. Oh well.
It is slightly irksome having to wade through a Windows forum to get to the Linux forum, but it's been that way for a long long time.

i have win7 now. i dont fell like trying macos or linux anymore.

i did then i tryed WHS sooo much better for a windows based network then dealing with the crap in linux to get stuff working

Well they all have their differences and one thing for sure is, there is a hell of alot more software available for Free then in Windows.

Take a look at this link: (Look at the 'Software Center')

http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/910features

Don't get me wrong Windows7 is pretty decent, but again for free opensource software MS can't compare!

I just installed 9.10, really great! ;)

Great is not the word I would use. They seem to have so many of the same bugs still mangled into their Ubuntu kernel since 8.10. Mainly the USB transfer bug which they still can't fix. Yeah it's pretty and easy to install but it seems that Ubuntu is loosing focus of what makes Linux great. I would love to see these bugs fixed before I can label this distro 'great'.

Slashdot Article

Back