• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Do you trust coolbits?

MLF

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 25, 2001
Messages
208
I just got a Leadtek 6800gt did the regedit to allow the overclocking control panel and let it auto set. It came up at 417 core and 1190 mem. Should I trust this? Is it more likely to be too low or too high? Just another question from a former ATI fan exploring the Nvidia world for the first time since my 2MX.

Thanks

MLF
 
MLF said:
I just got a Leadtek 6800gt did the regedit to allow the overclocking control panel and let it auto set. It came up at 417 core and 1190 mem. Should I trust this? Is it more likely to be too low or too high? Just another question from a former ATI fan exploring the Nvidia world for the first time since my 2MX.

Thanks

MLF


Yeah thats fine, actually alot of gts go way past ultra speeds.
 
The general rule is to do it at least 4 times and throw out the highest and the lowest numbers and set it somewhere in the middle.
 
I find sometimes it forgets the OC I set on the memory, but remembers the core OC I set occasionally-- it gets frustrating sometimes.
 
joemama said:
The general rule is to do it at least 4 times and throw out the highest and the lowest numbers and set it somewhere in the middle.

Good advise.....I can hardly wait to see what Coolbits spits back at me when I get home this saturday with my new BFG 6800GT OC. :D
 
Back
Top