do you (or did you) cheat while playing Doom 3?

are you a cheater when playing Doom 3?

• yes

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • no

Votes: 57 67.9%
  • I'm too much of a wuss to tell the truth...

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

ozziegn

The man behind the curtain...
as the thread's title says, do you cheat or have you cheated in Doom 3?

the reason I'm wondering is because me and one of my buddies were bickering the other day about how he was bragging how he "whipped Doom 3" while cheating. ie - using God mode and all the other cheats... :rolleyes:

so I then asked him how he thought he beat the game when he had to cheat to do it. he clamed up then and didnt say a word. :p

-again, do you or did you cheat while playing Doom 3?

I won't cheat unless I want pure mindless killing sprees. I will for the first round through it play it without cheating. Just for the scare of it.

Cheers,

Hell no i wouldn't cheat, and never have in a game. Why would you? You might as well just download an AVI and watch somebody else play if your'e going to do that.

I did for like 2 levels, the game just started getting boring. I turned god mode/all guns off when the game started getting interesting again though.

i did cheat on a part that i couldn't figure out how to get past, but i went back to play it through the right way, to not be totally lame. :(

Eigtball said:
I won't cheat unless I want pure mindless killing sprees. I will for the first round through it play it without cheating. Just for the scare of it.

Cheers,

The game IS A MINDLESS KILLING SPREE. That's what DOOM is.

:rolleyes:

lol

3 people voted on the 3rd option.

okay people, those of you who voted on that option, fess up. :D

I won't cheat in the game unless I'm just goofing around. It just ruins the game if there's no challenge. Where's the thrill of killing demons if there's no chance they can shoot you back? Kinda defeats the purpose of the game.

Nope won't cheat here....

I was temped on EnPro plant my heatlh was down to 1...but I made it ok...
I am just now discovering the power of the chainsaw, it is now my preferred weapon

i only cheat when i want to run around and rocket guys close-range :p

my friend said he "had" to cheat at certain points, i dont know wtf hes talking about, no part of the game needed cheating at all.

Never have, never will. I enjoy playing the game, and can lay down enough ownage that I don't need to.

yes, I am cheating for my first time through the game...I will play through it without cheats again though. :D

I havent picked up Doom 3 yet, but in Far Cry there were parts i would play for a week and could NOT get past a part, so i turned on god mode go get past it...the only time i cheat in a game is 1. when i can NOT beat a part and tried 500 times, or 2. if i have allready beaten it or just dont care, ill get all teh weapons and reek havok...

The only 'cheat' I used was to unlock Nightmare without beating the game first.

Then I got my ass thoroughly kicked in Delta Labs and started over on Vet.

I used the weapons cheat AND god mode. :( I feel like shit, and I think I ruined my doom 3 experience. lol

I will definitely play it over again without god mode though.

Back