do you have vista? poll

Ran Vista 32bit Ultimate RTM until today. Nuked the OS and installed the 64 bit version. Strange but the 64 bit version of Vista so far has been a much better experience.

Ran Vista 32bit Ultimate RTM until today. Nuked the OS and installed the 64 bit version. Strange but the 64 bit version of Vista so far has been a much better experience.

Not to take things off track, but MS did integrate more security and features into the 64-bit edition. My guess is that they spent more time on it per capita...

Not to take things off track, but MS did integrate more security and features into the 64-bit edition. My guess is that they spent more time on it per capita...

Makes sense. After running the RTM since November, and being largely dismayed with day to day duties, I was close to just moving back to XP. We will see what this is like after a week of pounding on the OS if I am still smitten with it.

yes, and i would use it 100% if not for the x-fi driver thing and my scanner driver thing

i just finished installing it now.

i gotta say i really love it. i was kind of.. hesitant about installing it since im hooked on XP. im glad i installed it and im never looking back. i installed the 64bit version.

the only thing tho is that i installed this on a new rig. so i guess that can also change the whole "vista" experience. ima install it on my older comp just to see what its like.. if it will allow me without registering. anyway, off to install all me apps.

installed it. Love it just as an OS, but driver trouble is killing the HTPC aspect. Glad I'm dual booting with XP.

Yes. Full Ultimate. However, I'm not silly so I kept my XP partition and did a dual-boot.

I usually do fresh installs every 6 or 8 months, and at that point I'll decide if I should keep the XP partition or not.

One particular reason for the robustness of the 64 bit editions: Microsoft has to sign off on the drivers, and we all know that drivers are the cause for most of the shit problems people have with computers nowadays.

That fact alone is enough to make the 64 bit editions big-time better over the 32 bit editions. While all the drivers included in the Vista distribution media are WHQL checked and certified, as are all the drivers accessible through Windows Update, it's when people go out and buy hardware that's relatively new and get the drivers from the manufacturers that I think we'll see a pattern form.

I like Vista, stopped running it for a few weeks after I sold my Core 2 Duo laptop, and I've been missing it ever since actually. XP is boring now, and since Vista is just taking off, I need to put together a workable Vista machine so I can stay on the edge and keep up with what's going on so I can help support it as more and more people begin using it.

guys, what is the last build number of vista?

and i got the 32bit oem edition (paid), also i have a downloaded 64bit copy. the 32 is faster!?

Yes I upgraded to Ultimate. Only complain thus far is no drivers for my fax modem and monitor not waking up from being automatically turned off. I disabled power savings so taht takes care of that. I'll most likely get a 120 gig drive and do a dual boot XP/Vista setup. Solely to use my fax modem.

Back