Do You Have To Install Intel HD 4000?

Do you have to install Intel HD 4000 if you already have a GPU (GTX 680)? If you do will there be any conflict with the system? Is there a benefit of installing the Intel HD 4000 driver as well as the nVidia driver that the graphics will work hybridly?

If you have a discrete graphics card, you would normally not use the built-in graphics, so you don't need to install the driver. If you wanted to use quicksync or Lucid then you'd need the driver installed. You can disable it in the BIOS as well, if yours has that option. There's really no reason to have it enabled.

If you have a discrete graphics card, you would normally not use the built-in graphics, so you don't need to install the driver. If you wanted to use quicksync or Lucid then you'd need the driver installed. You can disable it in the BIOS as well, if yours has that option. There's really no reason to have it enabled.

Oh ok. So even if I don't have to install the Intel HD 4000 driver, I still have to go to BIOS to disable the ONboard vga right? Do you use quicksync or Lucid? Will I really even need to use it in reality? Would just watching HD videos put a strain on the GTX680 if I am just using it for sometimes?

No you do not need to install them. It should automatically disable itself when it sees a discrete video card installed. If not, just disable it in the BIOS. What motherboard do you have?

No you do not need to install them. It should automatically disable itself when it sees a discrete video card installed. If not, just disable it in the BIOS. What motherboard do you have?

Ok thanks.
I have a ASUS P8Z77-I motherbaord.

Oh ok. So even if I don't have to install the Intel HD 4000 driver, I still have to go to BIOS to disable the ONboard vga right? Do you use quicksync or Lucid? Will I really even need to use it in reality? Would just watching HD videos put a strain on the GTX680 if I am just using it for sometimes?

As Skillz said, it should disable it automatically (depending on the BIOS setting), but you can disable it manually if you want. Personally, I'd disable it in the BIOS and just not worry about it.

Back