Do you guys use the keyboard feet?

Ruahrc

Limp Gawd
Like the title, do you raise the keyboard using the supporting legs in the back, or let it lay flatter?

I tend to have it lay flat, but also I had to do it that way once since I had a flight yoke mounted on my desk, and I had to keep the keyboard flat so that it would slide under the yoke on the keyboard tray. I guess I got used to it being that way. But as I don't have that constraint any longer, maybe I can/should change?

Ruahrc

I lay it flat. They say it's actually bad to lift it up, and it makes sense. You're increasing how much your wrists need to bend. In fact it's better to lift it by the front, but that is awkward and most keyboards don't have that function.

Flat, with a wrist rest if possible. Tilting the keyboard puts extra strain on my wrists and makes it more uncomfortable to type.

My last keyboard I always used the feet to raise the back. My new wireless keyboard I got doesnt have the option and wasnt sure I would like it since I used my other keyboard for 7-8 years but so far I dont mind it being flat

Always flat -- it is indeed bad for your wrists to use them especially for extended periods of time. The ideal position would actually for the keyboard to be slanting away from you (just like your hands slope down if you rest your fore arms in the air).

Always flat -- it is indeed bad for your wrists to use them especially for extended periods of time. The ideal position would actually for the keyboard to be slanting away from you (just like your hands slope down if you rest your fore arms in the air).
QFT :)

I think the kickstand is a throwback/nod to the typewriter, where there was a mechanical necessity to the elevated keyboard to prevent the keys from physically jamming.

IIFC, some of the earlier MS "natural" keyboards actually had the kickstand on the front side.

Ive always used mine to angle it up but this has put a thought in my head to try it flat. Gonna take some time to readjust to it but I have noticed my wrists start hurting after extended forum'ing.

The problem with me is that I dont type traditionally. I use the first 2 fingers on each hand and thats it. Im actually pretty good with it now and can hit 60-70 wpm on those typing speed test websites. Because of this oddball style, its hard for me to get a comfortable position for long periods.

Depends on the keyboard. I use them usually, but some keyboards are already steep enough that it's not necessary.

Actually, after banging around on a few forums these last few minutes, I think I have to admit I like this flat keyboard better. It does feel a little more comfortable. Its taking some getting used to and Im hitting wrong keys a little more often but overall, I think Ill stick with it. Never thought about trying it for some reason. Just always thought the keyboard was supposed to be angled up.

Its taking some getting used to and Im hitting wrong keys a little more often but overall, I think Ill stick with it. Never thought about trying it for some reason. Just always thought the keyboard was supposed to be angled up.
I'm using a Goldtouch split keyboard and it took a little getting used to as far as hitting the wrong keys. So just stick with it. :)

Really, there's no reason for the keyboard to be angled up other than the typewriter legacy.

Raised cause I have a cord routed underneath so it doesn't always fall off my desk :p

actually Ive never thought about it up or down.. guess Ill try it down and see how it feels...

I normally have my leopold angled but after reading this thread i might try the flat way to see how it makes my wrist feels. I do envy those with a nice wrist pad since I cant seem to find one I like as the gel ones just get on my nerves as the gel seems to flatten after a couple of weeks.

Well a day and a half and Ive still got mine laying flat. Im sold. ;)

I normally have my leopold angled but after reading this thread i might try the flat way to see how it makes my wrist feels. I do envy those with a nice wrist pad since I cant seem to find one I like as the gel ones just get on my nerves as the gel seems to flatten after a couple of weeks.

Get a 3M gel wrist rest its the bees knees

Flat, but raised 15mm all round.

Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry Red - I found it far too low for typing and gaming, so added 15mm of neoprene to the base. A bonus is some deadening of the noise and a minor springy response when I bottom out.

Use feet, & G19 comes with a wrist rest too.

Have always used feet.

Back