do you build draining into your loop?

LonerVamp

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 3, 2002
Messages
497
What does anyone else do about planning for draining a water cooling system? Do you bother planning anything in the loop, like a T connector and a plug in the end, or just deal with it when the times comes by removing the radiator and pouring it out from there?
 
Yes.

My Tline is actually at the bottom of the case. I flip it upside down to fill, and leave it rightside up (positioned over the sink, of course) to drain.
 
I have a resevoir but wish I had gotten a T Line for it as well. Next time I have to drain my loop I'll just cut the line at the bottom between my pump and my Res and add a T-Line with a plug so I can just drain from there when I need to.
 
I set up my loops so I can remove them as a unit and fill / drain outside of the case whenever possible.
 
I did on the previous build. For the current one, I left it off. It wasn't worth the extra trouble, tubing, and T-fitting. I'd rather just flip the machine over and pour out the coolant.
 
I'd just remove the WB from the video card. Then you can remove the tubing from there.
 
I have an inbuilt res on my DDC-2 top. I have a ball-valve on the G1/4 fill port at the top, so I just leave enough slack in both the inlet and outlet line to be able to flip it around and drain the loop.
 
Back
Top