Do Xbox Live game demos (of crappy quality) generally look like the final product?

I'm borrowing my buddies 360 to try it out before I finally buy one. I've downloaded demos for Fight Night 3, Madden 07, nhl 07, dead rising, tiger woods 07, crackdown, and nhl 2k7 off the top of my head.

While I HAVE played Fight Night 3 at xbox kiosks at BestBuy, etc before, I've seen madden there and it has looked like absolute SHIT. Just like this demo I downloaded. I figured that some dipshit didnt have the console set up properly with the HDTV they had, but i guess not.

While NHL 07, Tiger Woods 07, Dead Rising, Fight Night look good, I've gotta say that Crackdown, Madden 07 and NHL2k7 just look HORRIBLE.

Is it safe to assume that they released these demos as crappy unfinished (no AA, etc) demos and that is what I'm seeing? Anyone have the full version of these games and can confirm that the final versions DO infact look good?

Is there an option IN GAME to set resoltion of the game, or is that solely done in the dashboard? I think i read that all games are 720p and some/most can do 1080i, just wasnt sure if thats just something automatically done, or you have to setup.

Any other 'must-try' demos I should get while i have this a couple more days?
Thanks!

hmmm.

I have the crackdown demo and have played the full game... they look more or less the same...
what's your setup? HDTV? VGA / Component?

i have it hooked up via component to a westy 37" 1080p.

I just looked at crackdown again. yeha. it looks alright

Madden and NHL2k7 are the two MAIN ones i can see that i can say that the demos look like ps2 games

i have it hooked up via component to a westy 37" 1080p.

I just looked at crackdown again. yeha. it looks alright

Madden and NHL2k7 are the two MAIN ones i can see that i can say that the demos look like ps2 games

You have the little switch on the component cables set for HD right?
(I have to ask, because I spent 4 hours wondering why the xbox looked like crap when I first got mine :D )

Edit: Does the westinghouse report what resolution it's at when it switches?
also, I can't comment on the other games as I've never tried them

yeah, it IS switched to HDTV on the little cable. Havent checked the westy
s onscreen resolution but it does look HD (tiger woods, NHL, etc)

just those 2 games (nhl2k7, madden) really look like garbage!

Just curious...these demos look crappy compared to what? I hate to break it to you but...not counting a high-end pc...the 360 is the pinnacle of what you are going to get for graphics these days.

Madden looks pretty good to me. I had it for 3-4 months until I sold it before the inevitable "next year's version will be out in a few months, so we'll sell this 59 dollar game for 9 dollars now".

Does it look like watching a football game? naw
It's a slightly better madden 06, and it's definitely better than the wii or ps2 versions graphics wise.

madden 07 looks significantly better than xbox and ps2 versions.

Crackdown can seem like it has bad graphics because of the comic book style.

After you play it for awhile you will notice how good the graphics really are, they just do not look 100% life like as they are going for a comic book feel. The colors and edges are crisp and really good looking though once you start to look deeper at it.

Most of the demos I have seen look like the real game, although some are cleaned up a bit in the final game.

Crackdown can seem like it has bad graphics because of the comic book style.

After you play it for awhile you will notice how good the graphics really are, they just do not look 100% life like as they are going for a comic book feel. The colors and edges are crisp and really good looking though once you start to look deeper at it.

Most of the demos I have seen look like the real game, although some are cleaned up a bit in the final game.

One of the coolest things about Crackdown is the draw distance. I didn't notice any pop-up whatsoever in the game.

As long as the console is set to 1080 in the dash board, the cable is set to HD and your TV isn't fucked up you should be seeing it as pretty as it goes.

If the TV has a VGA/d-Sub in you might try using that instead, the 360s onboard Scaler doesn't always work unless you use a vga cable, it might be the same for non-native 1080 games.

i.e, All games are 720p or above, but if you run a native 720p game to 1080 screen through component, the TV will have to do the scaling, and the Xboxs own scaler might do a better job.

as far as madden and nhl2k7 was concerned when i see/play the demo's it just looks REALLY REALLY pixelated. So much as to say it looks NOTHING like Fight Night 3, NHL 07, Dead Rising, etc.

It (the demo) just looks like something they threw together real quick to get out there. Games like TigerWoods 07 look unbelievable though

Back