Do this Dells have non-standard PSUs?

crazyeddie

n00b
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
22
A PSU tester sez that the PSUs for a Dell Dimension 1440 and an Optiplex 170L have something wrong with the -5V line on the main ATX bar. The Optiplex was working last I checked. The Dimension isn't posting, and I'm trying to figure out if it's the PSU or the mobo. Is there something I should know about these PSUs?
 
I have put different motherboards in the 160L, 170L, as well as 2400's and poweredge servers, all with the stock powersupply's from dell, haven't ran into any problems with any of the recent dell machines but there was a time when it was said that they used non-standard components (year or 2 or 3 ago)
 
Some Dell models do have non-standard wiring in thier PSU's and some don't.
 
Keep in mind many, if not most manufactures have dropped the –5 volt rail in their PSUs. Not much need for it these days. If you look I’d bet the –5 volt hole in the molex is empty.

Luck
 
Back
Top