Do they make cases with 120mm fans on em?

zidion

Limp Gawd
or is that a mod im gona have t odo?

im looking for a case with like 120mm on top, and like one on side. Plus like 2 80s in front and 2 in back ;)

Thermaltake Tsunami has 120mm front/rear with 92mm on side. It can handle up to 150mm front/rear :) You'll have to mod the top/side yourself, shouldnt be too hard.

SquallRealm said:
Is it okay to use a 80mm as the only exhaust of a 6 intake case?

Haha, what an attempted hijack.

ANYway, yes a number of cases have 120MM, like the Tsunami, Stacker, a few lian-lis (I believe, not sure)

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. About %90 of Fulltower/server/larger cases have 120MM fans

err.. squal realm... its not really a good idea to only have one exhaust and 6 intakes. generally you'd want like a 3 intake, 3 exhaust. Is your One exhaust your PSU fan? Also 80mm fans suck compared to 120mm fans. The best configuration would be an equal number of 120mm intake and exhaust fans.

Holy Roman Empire said:
err.. squal realm... its not really a good idea to only have one exhaust and 6 intakes. generally you'd want like a 3 intake, 3 exhaust. Is your One exhaust your PSU fan? Also 80mm fans suck compared to 120mm fans. The best configuration would be an equal number of 120mm intake and exhaust fans.

Actually, many people swear by positive case pressure, though 6 in to 1 out might be overkill.

templarknightx said:
Actually, many people swear by positive case pressure, though 6 in to 1 out might be overkill.

I've heard people say positive case pressure willl help keep the system dust free, same of negative case pressure. In my own completely untested and unproven opinion, since there are always gonna be small leaks of air around side panels and things and case fans aren't exactly high powed air compressors, positive and negative case pressure seems somewhat of a myth.

Antec P160 has 120's front and rear, as does the Super Lanboy.
CoolerMaster Cavalier3 has 120's in too.

Set up your fans like this:

Front/Side fans = intake

Top/back fans = exaust

This is your general rule of thumb for fan placement, as it is most effective. Haveing only 1 exaust with 6 intake is a rather ridiculous statement and will result in mixed temperatures and could possibly make some parts of the PC run hotter.

I just got the P160 and it is a very nice case. The aluminum on this thing is thick too, strong stuff.

Hate_Bot said:

We just got that a month ago for my wife's system. Has anyone had success (nicely) removing the top (IMO, useless) wire harness to put an 80, 90, or 120 mm fan in the top? I believe the SilverStone has that capability (or is that the WaveMaster?) and I want to do that for the LGA775 computer I am building for myself next weekend...

In answer to the thread-starter's question, both the SilverStone TJ05 and TJ06 have 120mm fans.

MalfurionStormrage said:
We just got that a month ago for my wife's system. Has anyone had success (nicely) removing the top (IMO, useless) wire harness to put an 80, 90, or 120 mm fan in the top? I believe the SilverStone has that capability (or is that the WaveMaster?) and I want to do that for the LGA775 computer I am building for myself next weekend...

In answer to the thread-starter's question, both the SilverStone TJ05 and TJ06 have 120mm fans.

You can take the top USB and such ports of if you have a Coolermaster Wavemaster. It comes with a little 80mm fan grill.

I would go for the stacker

Hate_Bot said:
You can take the top USB and such ports of if you have a Coolermaster Wavemaster. It comes with a little 80mm fan grill.

I would go for the stacker

I would too if I didn't take it to LAN parties. ;)

i cant think of a single thermaltake case without at LEAST 1 120mm fan. The armor and kandalf, thermaltake's 2 versions of the CM stacker by coolermaster (kandalf has a door, armor doesnt) come with a decent 120mm fan in the back set up as exhaust, and another one (both with blue LED's, and pushing good air at only 17 dB! each) that's shoved into the drive bays on the advertisements. The tsunami comes with one lighed one and one non-lighted one, and most of the xaser series come with at least 1 i think..........

MalfurionStormrage said:
I would too if I didn't take it to LAN parties. ;)

Then get a tsunami, dual 120MMs, and a 92MM on the side, Locks for the fron bezial+sidepanel,Lightweight aluminumness, what more could you want?

Hate_Bot said:
Then get a tsunami, dual 120MMs, and a 92MM on the side, Locks for the fron bezial+sidepanel,Lightweight aluminumness, what more could you want?

A top 80, 90, or 120mm fan as well. ;)

MalfurionStormrage said:
A top 80, 90, or 120mm fan as well. ;)

Ya, I really didnt like Thermaltakes (like that Xaser series, so much godawful crap and lights on it) but the Tsunami redeemed them. Even though it's prectically a copy of the wavemaster, it does improve (mainly with the fans)

The only gripe I have with it is the lack of removable MB tray. With small cases like that, a tray is a must IMO

050102_08_414pm_14.jpg

i just got this case from compusa this week on sale for like 69.99 with a 30.00 rebate. not bad, pretty quiet, 2 120mm fans.

^^I never really liked those cases. The whole blue thing in the front looks really bad in person IMO

im going to be getting rid of the blueness up front anyway. im gonna be getting some blue case fans for the back and processor i think

Back