• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Do these temps sound right AT ALL?

klepp0906

Gawd
Joined
Jul 1, 2013
Messages
594
Just built my first amd rig. 9590 and due to budget and the fact this is just a backup pc, a H100i which is supposed to be adequate.

Problem is, I cant get 5ghz even remotely stable regardless of voltage and with the bios on auto except turbo off - even stock 4700 was failing IBT.

Now im currently running the bios on auto except for turbo off and the voltage set manually +100 MHz OC.

1.475+4800mhz = a core temp of 77c and a socket temp of 58c.

something must be wrong ya? I mean I was under the impression id atleast be able to hit 5ghz with this setup. At the moment its overclockability is second to the reason im getting such high temps though - I assume the latter will follow considering the stock vid on this chip is pretty low. From what I gather most are around 1.5 and mine is 1.47.

Anyhow - thoughts? Would anything lead you to believe that is the temps I should be seeing with 100mhz overclock under water? Im in an air conditioned room and its in a spacious 750d.

fans are on maximum and pushing from the outside in.
 
Your reaching the thermal limits of the chip and your cooling system. The H100i is the same cooler I have and it cant keep my 8350 at anything beyond 4.8ghz. This is why I have decided to finally upgrade to a custom water cooling loop. With my new loop and the ability to now water cool my 290x card I should be able to get all the overclock I want now.
 
Overclocking is never guaranteed anyway. However, that you're having problems with the stock speed of 4.7 GHz indicates another issue. Is your motherboard compatible?
 
Back
Top