• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Do The Dedicated PPU Drivers Work in Windows 7

svet-am

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jan 6, 2003
Messages
5,146
I saw the driver notes for the last version of the dedicated PPU drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_8.09.04_whql.html

have a disclaimer which states:

AGEIA PhysX processors users should use and install older PhysX system software such as version 8.09.04. Note – AGEIA PPU acceleration support for 2.8.1 SDK or earlier, and Windows Vista and Windows XP only.

Does it not work on Windows 7 at all?
 
It works fine in Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit. The only catch being that it will only work with games using version 2.8.1 of PhysX or older. This still includes a large number of PhysX games but the number is getting smaller quickly at this point.
 
It works fine in Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit. The only catch being that it will only work with games using version 2.8.1 of PhysX or older. This still includes a large number of PhysX games but the number is getting smaller quickly at this point.

all I really intend it for is Mirror's Edge and the MatLAB plug-in so I should be fine, then. I just got concerned when I saw the warning about Windows XP/Vista.
 
Back
Top