Do SLI GTX 295's support HD?

Robert_J

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 24, 2009
Messages
311
As the title asks, do dual gtx 295's support HD video or does only one?
I have one 5850, if I were to get another for crossfire will they still support HD?

I'm asking this because I heard that dual gtx 295's don't support HD, only one at a time will
 
As the title asks, do dual gtx 295's support HD video or does only one?
I have one 5850, if I were to get another for crossfire will they still support HD?

I'm asking this because I heard that dual gtx 295's don't support HD, only one at a time will

/facepalm
You can hook up a tv via dvi to hdmi adapter in sli. You might have to go into the console to adjust the scaling, but yes it will work.
 
What do you mean support HD? They can do resolutions way way higher than most monitors. Should do some research before you drop $1000 on video cards.
 
Do you mean HD decoding? Such as, will all GPUs work together to decode the stream or will only one GPU being doing any work during playback?
 
HD video like blu-ray?

Most modern CPU's can do HD video all on their own, with the right software some of that can be offloaded to the video card. You'd only need 1 video card to help with that, two would make ZERO difference.

And two of any mid to high end video card can run games at resolutions way beyond "HD"
 
Back
Top