• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Do single 5970s have a Crossfire setting?

Tanquen

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
1,294
Is it just always on? I went from 2 4870s to one 5970.

Should I have a Crossfire setting in Control Center? It's not there. I installed the 5970 and the 10.3 drivers at the same time and the Crossfire setting is gone.

I ran FurMark and GPU-Z and can see with the single and Multi-GPU FurMark that one or
two of the GPUs are being used but the benchmark come out the same. ???
 
Can you turn on the CrossfireX status icon to check? Right click the CCC icon in your taskbar, select your 5970 (you should have multiple entries), select CrossfireX, and 'show the status icon.'

Like normal crossfired cards, you need to be using Catalyst AI at Standard or Advanced for multiple GPUs to function. So the best way to test it, since you aren't seeing a Crossfire tab in the CCC, is to run the benchmark with Catalyst AI enabled, then disable it and run it again. You should note a difference.
 
From what I have read the 5970 doesn't have a crossfire setting. My install of the 5970 doesn't have it either.
 
Can you turn on the CrossfireX status icon to check? Right click the CCC icon in your taskbar, select your 5970 (you should have multiple entries), select CrossfireX, and 'show the status icon.'

Like normal crossfired cards, you need to be using Catalyst AI at Standard or Advanced for multiple GPUs to function. So the best way to test it, since you aren't seeing a Crossfire tab in the CCC, is to run the benchmark with Catalyst AI enabled, then disable it and run it again. You should note a difference.

This is what I will do, you can also use afterburner to see if the gpu is enabled during use. Make sure the AI is turned on as well, this will enable or disable dual gpu. Had to do this when using softth.
 
Disabled A.I. but the FurMark bench is unchanged. GPU-Z shows one or two GPUs in use but the benchmark comes out the same.

Same with Heaven Benchmark 2.0.
 
Last edited:
If you don't think the card is operating correctly, you should contact official support for the card. Unless you can find someone with similar hardware to bench against.

Out of curiosity, I just ran the 'normal' Furmark vs. the multi-gpu Furmark, and there was a stark difference. So your method of testing looks sound to me.
 
Back
Top