• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DO NOT buy this fan!

AT-AT28

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 23, 2012
Messages
180
Just wanted to give an FYI on a product I just purchased that turned out to be total crap and to keep other people from making an wasteful purchase like I did. I wanted to replace the stock fan on my Dark Knight HSF as it was making a high pitched buzzing sound that I was getting tired of hearing. After some newegg searching I found these new fans from Xigmatek and decided to give one a try.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233101

BAD idea. The fan even at low RPM makes a terrible and loud "wooshing" noise while on my HSF and when the RPM ramps up during loads, the fan sounds like a horrid jet engine, far far worse then my stock Xigmatek fan ever sounded. It must be due to the stupid new fan blade design or something, but I claim total false advertising on Xigmateks part because this fan IS NOT quiet by any shape or means and is a total waste of money if your looking for a quiet all purpose fan. Just pass on this one, you have been warned.

crapfan.jpg
 
If you're worried about noise, you need to look at Noiseblocker fans. High quality German stuffs.
They're all I use now. I don't get into the LED / bling BS though, so YMMV.
 
I see you're new here...

Do a little forum searching, there are some pretty picky people here that like really quiet things, they can point you to exactly what you're looking for. You get to choose between loud and tons of airflow, or quiet and less airflow, or some other balance between the two. Choose wisely :)
 
I got a similar fan... its definitely not quiet but it seems to move a lot of air.
 
Guess what. Most retail fan specs are outright lies. NO fan in existence can move 90CFM with 26dB of noise. That is a manufacturer fairy tale.
 
Not to be a hater but It's a 90cfm fan. Aren't you going to hear whooshing or airflow with any fan of that speed?
 
Internet fan loudness conversion guide:

Quiet = Loud
Silent = Almost quiet
 
There is one thing nice about getting old! Is that all fans are Quieter and if that doesn't work that's what I have volume control for. Sweet - sweet background noise.
 
Go with Noiseblocker or Noctua for quiet/silent fans. Would also recommend Scythe, but since they ceased operations you'll have a hard time finding them.
 
Xigmatek is known for having crap fans, so why you would buy another one to replace the current one I do not know. Most retail fans have flat out lies for specs. When they say 90cfm and 19dbA etc etc you have to know how these are rated. One way they do it is they give the noise rating from the lowest starting RPM of the fan, where it moves almost no CFM, and then gives the CFM rating at full RPM, so it seems like the fan is a gift from God, but really it's just being misleading. Others will just not follow testing guide lines and could have the test equipment half way across the room from the fan, while others are testing at 1m from the fan.

If you search on here you will see many fans that are good, and the top dog for HS and rads being the GT line of fans. However, if you want a budget fan that performs well and has a good sound profile, I suggest the AC F12 PWM.
 
I can't do Noctua fans, they are just too farking ugly for my tastes. Anyone know were I I can pick up that 90CFM fan from Xigmatek nowadays as I really wanna keep the white LED fan, it looks just too dang good to give up.
 
I guess in X.A.F. , the A.F. stands for Air Flow or something... obviously not Quiet ;)

I really liked my Dark Knight and the way it looked. Sucks to hear about the problems with your fan.
 
Xigmatek is known for having crap fans, so why you would buy another one to replace the current one I do not know.

This. Not to mention if you do have a fan failure, its an uphill battle getting an RMA. Learned that lesson the hard way a few years back.
 
Back
Top