• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Do modular power supplies run without the 24 cable?

MeanieMan

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
1,935
Instead of going to one 600-800W PSU for a future SLI powersupply I found out that mountainmod's cases now have 2 power supply slots.
I'm one of those people that hates having extra cables and crap laying inside a case so the question is.....

Do the Ultra-X, A.C. Ryan, or any of the other completely modular PSUs run without using the 24 pin cable?
Please don't yell at me if this has been posted before, I know there have been a lot of Ultra-X threads.
 
I have the Ultra X-Connect, but I couldn't tell you :(. They do make cable converters for that though.

However, everyone says the X-Connect is a POS . . . :(.
 
jnick said:
I have the Ultra X-Connect, but I couldn't tell you :(. They do make cable converters for that though.

However, everyone says the X-Connect is a POS . . . :(.


I've seen a lot of the Ultra-X sucks stuff, but I figured two "500"W ultras wouldn't suffer from any overload or peak power problems. But I'm only going to consider them if I can run one without the 20 or 24 pin cable.
 
Yes, they're run without the cable, as long as your bridge PS_ON (Green, and Pin 13 IIRC) to ground (any one of the black ones)

You'll probably want one of the harnesses, that for example coolermaster includes with their stacker case, that will turn on both PSUs simulatiously
 
Back
Top