• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Do I want my ram same as fsb?

Glow

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
4,834
Well I've been OCing this paste few days and been getting some good results but I don't know much about ram I had it set at auto so I have no idea what it's at. I have Hyper X 3500 2x512 do I want it at running the same Mhz as my fsb?
 
For best performance, yes. Sync the memroy/cpu fsb to 1:1 since you have an amd setup.
 
how big of a difference would it be going from 2,3,3,7 - 2,3,3,5?
and Since this is OC is going better than when my multiplier was at 11 you think I should put it at 12.5?
 
I wouldn't expect going from 2-3-3-7 to 2-3-3-5 would make much of a difference. With kingston hyperx pc3500 I'm surprised your timings aren't in the realm of 2-2-2-5 or as some perfer 2-2-2-11. Raising the multi from 11 to 12.5 is a pretty large jump. If you do that, do it in increments of .5 and see what happens when stress testing. Your system will be faster with a higher FSB though. How high is your multi when you max out your FSB?
 
Back
Top