Do I NEED to get CAT6 rated wall plates

BigGreg85

Gawd
I just ran some CAT6 throughout my house, and I wanted to put some wall plates in....I cant find any CAT6 rated plates only CAT5e....

will the CAT5e wall plates be fine since it is RJ45?

You'll be fine for now. Cat 5e is good for up to Gigabit over copper. If you have to upgrade later, in like 10 years, worry about it then.

valve1138 said:
You'll be fine for now. Cat 5e is good for up to Gigabit over copper. If you have to upgrade later, in like 10 years, worry about it then.

Yeah but 10 years from now wireless will be mainstream, secure, and stable across platforms. No one will want wired I'm sure. :)

Wolf-R1 said:
Yeah but 10 years from now wireless will be mainstream, secure, and stable across platforms. No one will want wired I'm sure. :)

ya and in 15 years we find out that wireless causes cancer :eek:

Wolf-R1 said:
pssh. If the wire is there I see no reason to use wireless, now or 10 years from now.

jpmkm said:
pssh. If the wire is there I see no reason to use wireless, now or 10 years from now.

Yeah I agree, if you can get it now get it. If not I wouldnt be too worried about it, as its really not that much work for later down the road and of course its going to be cheaper.

PLus the main thing Wireless will cause cancer at one point or another

Back