• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Do I need the Interconnect Bridge For CrossFireX?

zoglog

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 15, 2007
Messages
217
Ok, forgive me if this is a dumb question but the gigabyte motherboard I bought comes with a 2 way SLI Cable and a 3 way SLI bridge.

However they didn't include anything for Crossfire. Does this mean I have to buy one separate? is the SLI one double as a CF Bridge? or do I just simply don't need it?
 
your board might not support crossfire. can you give us the model number or a link to where you bought it from.
 
on my x38 (maximus formula) i didn't need to use the inter-connect for my 3870 x-fire
 
humm the newegg pic have on in the accessories photo. maybe they forgot to pack it in. my 5870 came with the cross fire cable. maybe if you talk to gigabyte support they would send you one free of cost.
 
The cards should come with bridges. ATI supplies bridges with their cards. Nvidia makes the motherboard manufacturers include bridges. Personally, I think putting them with the cards makes more sense -- the likelihood you're going to lose some of the cables that came with your motherboard before you change video cards is a lot higher than the likelihood that you're going to lose the cable that came with the video card itself.
 
humm the newegg pic have on in the accessories photo. maybe they forgot to pack it in. my 5870 came with the cross fire cable. maybe if you talk to gigabyte support they would send you one free of cost.

Hmmm, interesting.....

Well I have all the cables in that picture......
I'm guessing the 2 way SLI cable is the same, which is odd since I read somewhere that they were different. Oh well
 
Both of my video cards came with Crossfire cables. The Sapphire card had a longer bridge that extends over two pci lanes rather than one. The XFX came with the small single lane bridge.
 
Back
Top