Do I need the coax cable extender plug in junction box?

Wolverine2349

Weaksauce
I had a cable Internet and TV package installed a couple of weeks ago. They put in a splitter for my modem an for 1 TV with a box. I wanted to connect more TVs without a box to get clear QAM broadcast channels and non HD cable stations and had more coax cables outside feeding different rooms.

Now here is what my box looked like (Not exact picture as I disconnected this part and threw it away thinking it was not needed and I do not think it is), but want to confirm. It was a picture of very much what it looked like inside the box before I removed it thinking adding a bracket extension cord port for coax was just for better cable management in the box and nothing more which I think is correct.

So look at the file cable Junction box before. It is a sample from the Internet but what the extension bracket looked like with the main line coming in at the bottom and a short cable inside the box going to a splitter shown in first picture.

I think that is just for easier cable management, so I removed it and connected the company line directly to the main cable splitter as seen in the actual 2nd picture I took.

So is that cable extender port shown in the first picture useful for anything except maybe easier cable management inside the box splitting to rooms in he house or if the incoming cable was not long enough to reach?

I had connected my Modem feeding cable to one splitter port and the 4 port splitter to the other splitter port which has the 4 TVs as seen in 2nd picture.

Everything is working great, but want to make sure there was no possibly helpful amplification or line conditioning or noise filtering in the extension plug bracket that I removed from figure before that could come to bite me back later?

Attachments

• cable_Junction_box_before.jpg
    cable_Junction_box_before.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 19
  • cable_junction_box_after.jpg
    cable_junction_box_after.jpg
    686.8 KB · Views: 27
It's more than just lightning strikes, it also helps prevent static buildup or any type of electrical charge that might occur on the wire. You definitely want to put that ground block back in place and hook the wire back into it.

Back