Do I need Specific Drivers for MCE 2005?

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
I heard that its just like Windows XP Pro SP2... So I went ahead and purchased MCE 2005 so its on the way. I needed another copy of a 32Bit XP anyway.

I noticed some drivers for like nvidia products have MCE2005 drivers... are they really different?

Im asking because I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platnium on the way, and I am not sure if it comes with MCE2005 Drivers... i cant find anything on their web site... so I was wondering if I can just use the XPSP2 drivers that comes with it? Anyone know?

The short answer is YES,

Edit; but it varies some xp drivers will work just fine..but definately use the MCE video drivers

Alright. I will use all the MCE Drivers I can...

Anyone know about the X-Fi? Or information I can use? Teh Google has done nothing and Creatives Knowledge database sucks hard

nVidia's MCE2005 drivers are older than their normal XP drivers. The MCE drivers include some extensions to the Media Center portion of MCE. The MCE drivers don't have the latest SLI profiles either. Last I checked the MCE drivers were at version 72.14, while the latest XP drivers are at 78.01. What i ended up doing was installing the MCE drivers on my machine. It installs the Media Center extensions seperately. Then i uninstalled the MCE drivers, left the Media Center extensions on, and installed the latest regular XP drivers. Everything works great that way. I emailed nVidia asking about the differences, and after a couple weeks they wrote me back saying that the normal XP drivers will probably work fine on MCE, but they don't test the XP drivers on MCE.

That's what i did, and like i said, it works fine on the machine in my sig.

yes mainly the vga drivesr will need to be updated to use the mce module via remote control

Back