Do I need better aux cables for harman kardon speakers?

plyer3

Limp Gawd
There seems to be a lot of distortion when my laptop is turned off. The harman kardon soundsticks speakers are connected to my laptop via aux cable.

I'm actually even thinking about selling these speakers and just have my laptop connect to my surround sound via aux.

Does anybody recommend any high quality aux cables?

I'm currently using the Stereo Headphone Extension 12 feet 3.5mm with the stock aux cables from harman kardon. The Stereo Headphone Extension 12 feet 3.5mm was purchased from some seller on Amazon.

Distortion when your laptop is off? Like feedback through the speakers? Does it also do this when you unplug the cable from the laptop?
Might need an external DAC.

Yes there's distortion when it's unplugged from laptop. When it's plugged into laptop and laptop is on, then there is no distortion. Wish I had an extra aux cable to test

Ok I decided to move the speakers closer to the laptop so the stock 3.5mm cable would reach the laptop. Looks like it's the extension cord problem

The stock 3.5mm to 3.5mm male works fine without distortion. Although there seems to be a pop sound everytime the laptop starts up.

Back