Do I need a new pump?

chizzle

n00b
Been running an MCP355 for the past few years with a 1x360 rad, CPU and GPU blocks. I'm planning on doing another build that will have 2x240 rads, CPU and GPU blocks. Would the 355 be enough or should I look into something else like the 35X or 655.

I'd like mount my res on top of the pump to save some space and I'm pretty sure any of these models have something that would work with that configuration.

Your MCP355 is fine. I have 1 w/ Petra's top from an old setup that I'm reusing for my new SSF build. I'm getting the EK-DDC X-Res 100 to mount on top to save space as well.

Sounds good. I wasn't sure if adding 1 more rad would make it choke.

rads are fairly low restriction overall. These pumps have more than sufficient power to handle all but the biggest loops. Maybe if u were cooling an SR-2 with 4 gpu's with quick disconnects everywhere i'd consider it otherwise i'd say its mostly redundant, and these pumps aren't prone to failure.

You'll find out pretty quickly if it can't pump water thru the loop, it will struggle to push the air out and move water around.

For about 39 bucks you can buy the XSPC MCP-355 pump-top reservoir.
It's a piece of cake to install, it will improve the pump output and saves space.

I think all you need is the footprint of the pump and it's height is about 4 inches without connectors.

Here's the skinny, but you can find it cheaper than this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7...us_MCP-350355_No_Fittings.html?tl=g30c107s152

You'll be able to handle that proposed loop just fine. I had 2 120.2 radiators, a CPU cooler and a GPU cooler powered by an MCP-355 with that top, no problem.

Yea that's exactly what I'm looking for. Trying to simplify things in my next build and I think this will help a lot.

Yea that's exactly what I'm looking for. Trying to simplify things in my next build and I think this will help a lot.

Those pump tops are awesome.:D
I've used them a lot and they are excellent.
The loop is simple to bleed air from as well, as the top has a large cap that makes the job simple.

Back