• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Do I Need a New PSU???

Digitalcaveman

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Dec 18, 2006
Messages
602
All,

My system is over 4 years old now and my specs are in my sig below. I have the BFG 1000W PSU and noticed when I am going into standby, it does it but when I come out of it I have to turn the computer on with the switch instead of just hitting the spacebar. Just yesterday, I turn the power on then off - the mobo doesn't start up. I have to unplug the PSU then plug back in. Now just 5 min ago, I go through that again turn the main PSU switch on and hit the on button and only the fans spin slightly then go off.

I'm wondering if this thing is done for....
 
If you believe that your PSU is the problem, then you'll need to test things out with another PSU.

Fortunately, a good 750 to 850 watt PSU with at least 60A of power in its 12V rails and 80 Plus Bronze or Silver certification can handle the parts in your sig.
 
If you believe that your PSU is the problem, then you'll need to test things out with another PSU.

Fortunately, a good 750 to 850 watt PSU with at least 60A of power in its 12V rails and 80 Plus Bronze or Silver certification can handle the parts in your sig.


Yeah I think the other one I have is only 500W so probably won't work. I'm almost 100 percent sure its the PSU because of the degredation, either that or the mobo and since I'm planning on a new gaming rig build, think it might be time to pull the trigger. Thanks.
 
Back
Top