Do I need a mixer?

digilink

Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2002
Messages
566
Ok here's the skinny, and I want to solve this problem once for all (if possible). I have a PC and a Mac Mini, and a Corsair USB headset. For speakers, I have a Logitech 2.1 setup which is currently tied to the PC's onboard soundcard.

Is there a product (or method) that exists that will allow me to tie my PC and Mac Mini to it and use my 2.1 setup for both machines? I also would like to be able to switch the headset on and off via said product, again it's USB based, and be able to use it on the PC or the Mac Mini with the flip of a switch or a knob.

Is a mixer what I'm after? Anyone else have a similar setup?
 
Any reason you can't go from the minis line out to the PC's line in and mix it that way?

Also, you won't find many mixers that will mix digital signal.
 
You could just use say a USB switcher for the headset and then a 3.5 mm switcher for the 2.1s.
 
Back
Top