Right now I'm running this setup on a 300W Fortron (P300-60PN) w/120mm exhaust fan:
2.8 LGA775 520 @ 3.5
ABIT AA8 DuraMax
1GB (2x 512mb) Corsair Value Select DDR2-4200
Gigabyte 128mb 6600
160GB Hitachi hard disk
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7
NEC-3500 DVD+/-RW
Audigy 2
It's totally stable under full load at this speed, but if I put the fsb up to 260 from the 250 it's at right now it will give me random reboots every once in a while that don't appear to be related to whether the processor is under load or not. I've been thinking about picking up a coolmax cr-450b from newegg to see if this would help. These new p4's take a lot of wattage, but if things are stable at 3.5 is there any reason for me to get a bigger power supply? Does anyone think that my overclock being limited by my puny 300W power supply?
2.8 LGA775 520 @ 3.5
ABIT AA8 DuraMax
1GB (2x 512mb) Corsair Value Select DDR2-4200
Gigabyte 128mb 6600
160GB Hitachi hard disk
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7
NEC-3500 DVD+/-RW
Audigy 2
It's totally stable under full load at this speed, but if I put the fsb up to 260 from the 250 it's at right now it will give me random reboots every once in a while that don't appear to be related to whether the processor is under load or not. I've been thinking about picking up a coolmax cr-450b from newegg to see if this would help. These new p4's take a lot of wattage, but if things are stable at 3.5 is there any reason for me to get a bigger power supply? Does anyone think that my overclock being limited by my puny 300W power supply?