• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Do I need a floppy drive?

B737Capt

n00b
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
57
I am preparing to build a new comp with an E6700 on an Asus P5B Deluxe. It will be a fresh Windows Vista Ultimate 64 install on two new Seagate 500Gb hard drives in a RAID 1 config. Do I need a floppy drive and disks to get through this setup?
 
vista can see drivers on usb thumb drives, HDDs, and i belive CD-R.

I installed mine from a USB drive, no floppy needed.
 
vista can see drivers on usb thumb drives, HDDs, and i belive CD-R.

I installed mine from a USB drive, no floppy needed.

That's what I was hoping for. You were able to load your SATA/RAID drivers with a USB drive?
 
I keep a spare floppy driver in the boneyard, just in case. but i wouldn't pop the panel out of my case for it. ;)

zv
 
Floppies are still one of those things that you almost never need.
....but when you do need it, it's a lifesaver!

If you spend a decent amount of time helping others or fixing other computers, the need for a floppy increases slightly.
But if not, you'll probably never miss it.
 
Back
Top