• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Do i need a CPU cooler?

romero

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
74
I am building a computer and will be running:

Q9450
Biostar TP45 HP
2 Gig Ram
2-200gb harddrives
750w psu

I wont be overclocking the processor. Do you guys recommend getting an aftermarket CPU cooler?
 
Nevermind. Was a question about stock parts and no overclock and being on Hardforum. Disregard :)
 
Nevermind. Was a question about stock parts and no overclock and being on Hardforum. Disregard :)

[H]ardocp does not mean [H]ardlyhelpful.

as stated intel will always give you something that is ENOUGH to keep what you bought in safe temps.
 
I am building a computer and will be running:

Q9450
Biostar TP45 HP
2 Gig Ram
2-200gb harddrives
750w psu

I wont be overclocking the processor. Do you guys recommend getting an aftermarket CPU cooler?

I'm not sure if the current HSFs are any different, but the HSF I got with my Core 2 Extreme 2.93Ghz dual core CPU made a HELLUVA LOT of racket when I played games and did other cpu intensive things. Installed a Thermaltake V1 and now it's always quiet, but I wouldn't buy a V1 for a new build (only got the V1 because it installs without needing access to the bottom of the motherboard, which is stuck in my case because a screw won't come out), I might go for a Noctua NH-U12P if I were building today, supposively very quiet. If on the other hand you don't mind the sound of a tornado when playing games and watching movies, the stock HSF will work..
 
The only reason to replace is is if you think it is too loud. If you feel it is, look into spending ~30-40 for a really nice, quiet cooler. Specifically, check out the zalman CNPS9700, I loved mine.
 
The stock intel coolers are usually pretty quiet. Btw, is that 750W PSU from another build? I hope you didn't buy it specifically for this rig since that's way, way overkill for integrated graphics.
 
Back
Top